Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arubacloud vs Netcup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Arubacloud vs Netcup

mehargagsmehargags Member
edited April 2016 in Providers

Hello all,
I have a VPS from both, Aruba-France location and one from Netcup. Both perform equally well and are priced similarly, Netcup being a bit cheap on 4gb VPS.

The majority of visitors comes from US-East, EU and rest from Indian subcontinent.

Please pour in your observations which would be best to host 4-5 busy commercial sites, reliability of network & bandwidth being the most important.

Arubacloud vs Netcup.de
  1. Arubacloud vs Netcup.de43 votes
    1. Arubacloud
      53.49%
    2. Netcup.de
      46.51%

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Use both for redundancy and split traffic? ^^

Thanked by 2mehargags GCat
  • netcup +1 :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • niknik Member, Host Rep

Netcup is pretty good, had a VPS there and pumped 20TB+ per month on their 9 EUR / Mo. plan. They never throttled anything or contacted me what I was doing.

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware
  • Giving it to netcup without second thought. Great performance and prices. Even if aruba would be slightly cheaper. Netcup +1 :)

• I can't see 4GB plan

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2016

Netcup is fine, Aruba if you want to go cheap.

• GulfGulf Member

Netcup VPS is more expensive than OVH.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2016

@sandro said:
    I can't see 4GB plan

Netcup doesnt have a 4gb plan. Only 2,6,12,24

• yup -- I'm already using the 2C/6Gb/120GB Root-Server Happy 2016 €7.49 from last 2-3 months running fine.

Anyone running ArubaCloud "L - 2C/4GB" or "XL-4C/8GB" VPS ? Would like to have benchmarks. Or else I'll spin up one for a few hours and check myself.

• GulfGulf Member

@mehargags said:
    yup -- I'm already using the 2C/6Gb/120GB Root-Server Happy 2016 €7.49 from last 2-3 months running fine.

Anyone running ArubaCloud "L - 2C/4GB" or "XL-4C/8GB" VPS ? Would like to have benchmarks. Or else I'll spin up one for a few hours and check myself.

What projects do you run? I can consider Aruba only for development, experimental or educational purposes.

• @Gulf said:

Why? Aruba has a really good reputation in Italy. It's pretty big.

• Netcup allows signups outside Germany? D'oh

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

They do, but are totally unflexible.

• @patrick7 said:
    They do, but are totally unflexible.

Yes you need to pay your first invoice via Bank Transfer but after that you could pay by paypal.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR
    edited April 2016

And:

• you cannot change plans without move all data to a new VPS and pay twice for this time

• You cannot move the IP to another system

• You can not even move the service to another person without paying a fee of 8€

• There is no possibility to use ISOs on cheaper systems

• VAT cannot be removed from the invoice if you are outside the eu (only possible for commercial customers)

• and a lot more.

Thanked by 2vimalware boernd
  • Well,
    I have run live -- pretty busy sites on 1GB /€1Aruba VPS without a prob... uptime was 100% but mysql would just spike sometime which I had to fine tune. Aruba is absolute production class... no doubts. I am in the Italy-1

For Netcup Sign-up, I gave them my company ID proof, and paid them via paypal after 2-3 email conversations. Wasn't a prob as such... if you are not trying to play shady.

• @mehargags said:
    Well,
    I have run live -- pretty busy sites on 1GB /€1Aruba VPS without a prob... uptime was 100% but mysql would just spike sometime which I had to fine tune. Aruba is absolute production class... no doubts. I am in the Italy-1

For Netcup Sign-up, I gave them my company ID proof, and paid them via paypal after 2-3 email conversations. Wasn't a prob as such... if you are not trying to play shady.

Nope, not production ready.
    1GB plan is sandbox, if have problem support answer: "it's sandbox".

I switched shared host: 1gb php memory limit, mysql, smtp, good support etc...

• @dragon1993 said:
    I switched shared host: 1gb php memory limit, mysql, smtp, good support etc...

what do you mean it's a sandbox?

• I totally agree that 1) netcup cant move normal ips (only failover 5$/mo. if you e.gm let your normal ips vps expire ip is gone too) and 2) no upgrade without server move are things that really are a hassle and they dont seem as they will be changing this.
    HOWEVER, I have experienced one of the most stable vps performance I have had in a long time and their prices are great. You get alot of resources (no noticeable overselling) and are always informed of downtimes.

• @dragon1993 said:
    if have problem support answer: "it's sandbox".

If you need support... at software configuration level then Aruba/Netcup both are not for you. They only take in calls for hardware/network problems. Rest is none of their business even otherwise. So good that you moved out.

• I never use Netcup, but Arubacloud is quite stable for me.

I moved 2 busy sites to them since 2 months ago, and no issues so far.

• GulfGulf Member

@seikan said:
    I moved 2 busy sites to them since 2 months ago, and no issues so far.

Which server do you use?

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited April 2016

@mehargags said:

I don't need software configuration support. I have problem with IO,
    yesterday 1,3GB/s today unstable 30-80MB/s and bad ioping, my page is slowed.
    I wrote ticket to support. They do not help in performance, because is sandbox vps.

Arubacloud is good provider, but 1$/mo plan not production ready.

I think little vps worse than a good shared host.

Little VPS: 1gb memory for php + mysql + nginx + os + postfix.

Shared host: 1GB memory for PHP.

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited April 2016

@dragon1993 said:
    They do not help in performance, because is sandbox vps. Arubacloud is good provider, but 1$/mo plan not production ready.

I still do not accept that statement unless you show me a ticket number in which they replied "it is a sandbox".

@ArubaCloud is officialy present here on LET, I'd like them to clarify on this. I have their statement on record on a ticket where they confirmed the €1 VPS uses is hosted on same nodes & network infra as the other bigger plans and is production ready.

if you refer this old yet very long detailed thread you will see that I/O is a problem at some DCs, they have like 6 different DCs. Try the Italy or France one... I/O is always above 330 for me.

• @mehargags said:

Re-read my ticket (email, Hungarian language).
    Support answer: smart server io performance not guaranteed

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited April 2016

Still Disagree until you paste in the Ticket number with Full transcript. Please don't make up stories of your own.
    Anyways... Stay out if you don't know it, let others help with their reviews.

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited April 2016

@mehargags said:
    Still Disagree until you paste in the Ticket number with Full transcript. Please don't make up stories of your own.
    Anyways... Stay out if you don't know it, let others help with their reviews.

Sent in email. (Not public)

• ArubaCloudArubaCloud Member, Host Rep

Hi
    Cloud Smart servers are VMware Virtual Machines on ssd based hosts.
    Our staff monitors 24h infrastructure to guarantee the best performances.

• This is what Aruba says: With the Cloud Monitoring service, it is possible to monitor all your websites, Cloud Servers, dedicates servers whether they are hosted in the Aruba Cloud data centers or with other providers.
    In cases of failures or errors detected in the monitored resource or service, Cloud Monitoring will automatically and immediately send you a notification via email or SMS, so you can always know the progress of your infrastructure in real time and if need be, take action as soon as possible.
    By using the charts found in the Cloud Monitoring control panel you can quickly register and analyze all the activity of the monitored services, and easily identify any problem and see how it repeats during the course of time.

• @arubacloud do you allow custom ISO and/or image import. Have a machine running on KVM i'd be tempted to move it's linux so it probably won't care about being moved from KVM to Vmware (It's been clonezilla'd a couple times before and so far not cared about hypervisors changing.)