Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how many of you are not running whmcs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how many of you are not running whmcs?

skirtTightskirtTight Member
edited February 2013 in General

And if you're one of them, is it self made? Something else?

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I'll be running HostBill on our more premium brand, however right now WHMCS is boss ;)

• What's the reason for the switch shovenose?

• DamianDamian Member
    edited February 2013

@skirtTight said: What's the reason for the switch shovenose?

He wants to migrate WHMCS in the future. Seriously, WHMCS is that good of a value, compared to everything else out there. Yes, WHMCS has had it's share of security issues, but they get fixed quickly. Everyone on the planet is using software that have had security issues at some point in it's life. (Windows, anyone? How about SSH servers, or mail servers on *nix?)

One could argue that Ubersmith is better, but Ubersmith is a huge pile of money.

Here's a list of hosts known to not be using WHMCS:

• @Damian said: Here's a list of hosts known to not be using WHMCS:

linode
    aws
    digitalocean

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Does it count if I wish I wasn't?

Honestly, I'm probably never going to be satisfied with billing software or a control panel until I drop two years of income on developers.

• @jarland said: Honestly, I'm probably never going to be satisfied with billing software or a control panel until I drop two years of income on developers.

I'm not quite at that extreme, but I get where you are coming from. I have requirements which at this point it looks like will require two different systems in place with custom integration.

To answer the OP question, I'm currently running HostBill in testing and looking like I'm going that way for production despite the initial cost. In the end though this is all about what is going to work for you and for your business.

Don't worry about popularity. First look at what you will be running as a business and decide which system works best. Then decide if the price is affordable. WHMCS has a ton of community support and lots of modules. Its just for my needs it didn't work as the best solution.

If you are looking for alternatives I'd say HostBill is a good one. Also if you can wait a few weeks you may want to check into the new release of Billr by @jhadley

• I've also had a look at Blesta too and they have a new version coming out in a few months.

• @jbxl said: I have requirements which at this point it looks like will require two different systems in place with custom integration.

Just curious, what are these requirements?

Thus far, we've been able to write modules to integrate everything we want to integrate, into WHMCS. When we get stumped, we submit a snippet of code to them, and they provide the best way to proceed.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

We run both.
    No plans to abandon whmcs but find hostbill more suited for upcoming services.
    Right now is somewhat in a testing phase even tho already in production for more than a month.