Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Average remote hands cost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Average remote hands cost

trying to find a good service with good remote hands and management fees what is the average colo fees for remote hands im comparing some companies before i make final decisions also how are these fees caculated

Comments

• £35.00+

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Depends on the location and facility, sometimes time of day and type of work, but £75-£150 per hour is not uncommon with big players.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2016

Just from some of the experiences I have had and read about, unless you know someone really well who you trust with your equipment (and hopefully insured), then your best options for remote hands is going to be negotiating with your datacenter directly for these services in advance as part of your colocation agreement. Even if you hire outside help later, you will find having a resource available on site in a pinch is worth it in the end instead of waiting (hours?) for someone outside to arrive.

Now, the real question you should be asking here is probably what datacenters in X location do you know who have reliable, trustworthy, insured, hands on support as an offering with their product and show the correct knowledge and expertise to handle the hardware you are planning to use? Then, reach out to those places once you have a list of potentials and ask them about their services, knowledge, etc. If you have gotten this far already, great! If not, I encourage you to follow this route.

Once you hear from them and see their offers I think you will be able to find a compromise that fits you best. If it is too good to be true, then it probably is, you get what you pay for, etc. You should also try to have at least a phone call, if not meet in person at the facility with the people you plan to have work with your hardware, in advance. If there is a language barrier, you may want to ask for outside help (translation), because it is important to communicate with your provider as it can be a good indicator as to who you are working with and will allow you to ask questions, which is IMPORTANT! Remember, you are the customer, they want your business, so you need to ask all the questions and not just base it all on the $$. (I warned you..)

Anyhow, I apologize if you feel the above hasn't answered your question.

TL;DR:

Generally for someone who has the correct expertise and is insured to handle the equipment and can prove they know what they are doing and are worth their salt are worth at least $175.00/hr+, this is why bundling this type of service with your colocation agreement is often the best route, a lot of DCs will include blocks of time in advance for a set rate.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • Will suggest to search someone at upwork because the vps providers are not that cheap to hire.