Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MiniVPS.US down for a while
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MiniVPS.US down for a while

They've been solid for a long time, and today they've been down. Actually, I don't know how long - I just needed to use them a few hours ago and they're still not up. Even their web site is down. Anybody know what's going on with them?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2016

Well considering google time search for the past 30 days shows * nothing * from them (no social media, no advertising, etc., not even their own website), well, you get the point.

• lol I use my very cheap VPS there once in a while and they've always been there for me for almost two years. I just didn't notice they disappeared. According to one site checker they were up yesterday, but down a couple of days ago.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Ole_Juul said:
    lol I use my very cheap VPS there once in a while and they've always been there for me for almost two years. I just didn't notice they disappeared. According to one site checker they were up yesterday, but down a couple of days ago.

According to google cache, their site was showing a GoDaddy parked domain page. What did they offer that you need? Surely there's plenty here that could do something similar.

• EVM_Mike said: What did they offer that you need? Surely there's plenty here that could do something similar.

They give me one IPv4 address for 5 bucks a year. That's the cheapest of them all and nobody else does that. I'm certainly not complaining. I've gotten my money's worth out of them already.

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited April 2016

I think we can assume they're dead. They've still down. I was paid until june, so certainly no big loss. Funny there was no notice of shutting down though. Perhaps somebody can add them to our deadpool list.

• XTonyXTony Member

it seem the domain doesnt linked to any nameserver

ns53.domaincontrol.com
    ns54.domaincontrol.com
    default godaddy nameserver

• Not sure why you would get a VPS from them... but good luck. Hope you have backups.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/73858/minivps-us-yay-or-nay

edited April 2016

theroyalstudent said: Not sure why you would get a VPS from them... but good luck.

For $3.95US per year I've had one IPv4 address and continuous service for almost two years. What in your world is wrong with that?

• no necro, just news

For today's surprise I got an e-mail from MiniVPS. It was an invoice. I had completely forgotten about them since they were dead. As it turns out they came back to life a month later. My service is back, and their own business web site is back too - just as if nothing happened. Bizarre!

Anyway, it's a great price for lots of storage and one IP. So, I paid the $3.95 invoice, figuring it wasn't much to loose if they don't continue with their old solid service. It works for me, but I'm not going to recommend these guys. You'd think they'd put a "we're back!" or something on their web site. Never seen anything like it. lol

• AmitzAmitz Member

I always wonder: What do people store on a VPS that could disappear tomorrow?

edited May 2016

Amitz said: I always wonder: What do people store on a VPS that could disappear tomorrow?

Odd question to me, but I guess we all do different things. :) I put up files and pictures and temporary things for friends and associates to download. Often files that shouldn't be sent via e-mail because of size, or ones that several people may want. It only takes me a few seconds and I've got a link for them - works great for people who can only click. After a few days or weeks it won't be needed any more, so if it disappeared tomorrow, why should I care?

• @Amitz said:
    I always wonder: What do people store on a VPS that could disappear tomorrow?

Inside the virtual box, the put virtual popcorn and red bull in @jarland

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Good riddance.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul