Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toronto and near Buffalo?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Toronto and near Buffalo?

jamesmejamesme Member
edited March 2016 in Requests

Looking for a single provider that has both a Toronto location, and something near Toronto but in the United States (Buffalo, NYC, Chicago, etc).

Specs can be low (128 MB Ram, 5 GB Disk, etc), but bandwidth needs to be high, 1 TB+. Looking to meet in the middle with pricing and quality, a couple bucks a month max for both servers. Looking for monthly billing. IPv4 required.

Comments

• DigitalOcean

• @xaitmi said:
    DigitalOcean

Exactly what I'm looking for, but looking for a cheaper price.

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited March 2016

I have yet to see a provider here with a Toronto location.
    Only these three providers have them AFAIK.

CACloud (Toronto)

DigitalOcean (Toronto)

Atlantic.net (Toronto)

• jamesmejamesme Member
    edited March 2016

@xaitmi said:
    I have yet to see a provider here with a Toronto location.
    Only these three providers have them AFAIK.

CACloud (Toronto)

DigitalOcean (Toronto)

Atlantic.net (Toronto)

Doesn't need to be in Toronto, but I would like it to be as close to Buffalo as possible, plus being on the english side of the country. Mainly no OVH.

• I don't know any 'couple bucks a month' services in Toronto. The cheapest I can think of is LunaNode - but they don't have any US locations, so even if you went with them you'd need multiple providers.

Any other details on what you're trying to achieve?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@jamesme I live in Toronto and we speak both languages. Besides, don't expect a uber cheap price since bandwidth here isn't terribly cheap. (I pay $83/mo + 13% tax + the initial $140 for the modem. All this is for... a whopping 10 Mbps. It's not like someone is going to drag fiber down to the US for you)

• GCatGCat Member
    edited March 2016

LunaNode

Thanked by 1gitreset
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Yeah, you need container provider to get a reliable VM with that pricing, but I'm not aware of any budget container providers in Toronto. For NYC, RamNode has 128MB SVZ at http://ramnode.com/vps.php.

• doghouch said: I live in Toronto and we speak both languages

Things are different out west. According to census data English is #1 followed by Punjabi and Cantonese - French isn't even in the top 10

• Dediserve? Good luck on cheap though

• Lunanode's cheapest plan is $3.6 a month.