Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Large, Cheap Storage VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Large, Cheap Storage VPS?

edited March 2016 in Requests

I'm looking to move away from using something like OneDrive possibly and use an ownCloud that I host on a VPS instead.

Is there any reliable hosts that currently have offers for good amounts of storage (250GB+) for pretty cheap? (Preferably less than $10 a month)

Also preferably in the US but it doesn't absolutely have to be there.

Comments

• chipchip Member

Hosthatch - good service but not the quickest support, I heard it on the grapevine that they are going to improve support

Time4vps - really cheap not used the support

Secure dragon (kudosjoe I think is his handle here) - used to use their storage vps's a long time ago and support and service where excellent

Chip

• @chip said:
    Hosthatch - good service but not the quickest support, I heard it on the grapevine that they are going to improve support

Time4vps - really cheap not used the support

Secure dragon (kudosjoe I think is his handle here) - used to use their storage vps's a long time ago and support and service where excellent

Chip

Time4Vps is the only one there that is really much cheaper than using onedrive/dropbox/google drive/etc

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

chip said: Secure dragon (kudosjoe I think is his handle here)

I like KudosJoe :-) But it's @KuJoe

Thanked by 1cassa
  • chipchip Member

Yes they are incredibly cheap for what they offer

I have a 1tb storage vm which I'm running owncloud and ftp on at the minute and it works pretty well

Chip

• chipchip Member

@raindog308 said:
    I like KudosJoe :-) But it's KuJoe

Thanks raindog

• What about Delimiter Storage KVM VPS (250 GB for 6$/m) ?
    @mikeyur

Thanked by 2MarkTurner mike0000
  • @Void_Whisperer said:
    Is there any reliable hosts that currently have offers for good amounts of storage (250GB+) for pretty cheap? (Preferably less than $10 a month)

Also preferably in the US but it doesn't absolutely have to be there.

KVM - 1 core/1GB/250GB HA storage - $6/m. https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/cloud-resource-pool/

OpenVZ - 1 core/512MB/500GB NVMe-accelerated - $7/m (paid quarterly). If you order Annually ($84) it's 2x storage with coupon DoubleStorageVPS - so that goes up to 1TB at $7/m (avg). https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/storagevps/

• bersybersy Member

Check also Backupsy and Prometeus.

• edited March 2016

+1 for Backupsy and drServer

• RizRiz Member

@drserver has a TX storage node, might have an offer for you.

• AmitzAmitz Member

+1 for Prometeus and Backupsy.

• HostedHosted Member
    edited April 2016

Also check ServerHub (aff) for their SSD-Cached Storage OpenVZ VPSes.
    $15 / year for 125GB storage, $5 per month for 500GB storage and $10 per month for 1 TB storage. :)

• RizRiz Member

@Hosted said:
    Also check ServerHub for their SSD-Cached Storage OpenVZ VPSes.
    $15 / year for 125GB storage, $5 per month for 500GB storage and $10 per month for 1 TB storage. :)

Really? Had to throw your affiliate link eh?

• @Hosted said:
    Also check ServerHub for their SSD-Cached Storage OpenVZ VPSes.

Did you use ServerHub ? How about their services ?

• Hosted said: Also check ServerHub for their SSD-Cached Storage OpenVZ VPSes. $15 / year for 125GB storage

Why not adding an aff link if it's not hidden but why hide it behind bitly crap?

Anyway, time4vps is probably best bang for the buck out there if EU is fine for ya, @op

• @info_hash, other than concealment, @Hosted could simply be using bitly to track the number of click-throughs to the provider's website. But yeah, it's best to always indicate whether the link is an affiliate one.

• MadMad Member

Backupsy, Delimiter, SpartanHost (USA) or Time4VPS (EU).

• Time4vps - really cheap not used the support

They sometimes take a while to reply (which is fair enough given the price) but otherwise they've been fine.

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

RAID 10 SSD options through us... a bit more expensive though. $14/m for 250gb. http://virpus.com/backup-storage.php

Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

• user123user123 Member
    edited March 2016

I'd definitely recommend reaching out to @AshleyUk with ZXPlay. They have an annually-renewable LET special that is pretty awesome because it's 1TB disk space and unlimited BW, AND it costs less than many of the other offers that have been posted. I have a couple of them and they work great!

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

If you need more storage, I can offer a dedicated server: Atom CPU, 4GB RAM, - 1 x 4TB HDD - $26.93 / Monthly, 1 x 6TB - $37.12 / Monthly. https://www.bacloud.com/en/single-dedicated-servers First plan, just remove the second disk.

Thanked by 1edan
  • Time4VPS $1.7/mo - EU
    Vultr $10/mo - US/EU/AS
    BuyVM $7/mo - US/EU
    Hosthatch $5/mo - US/EU

Thanked by 1info_hash
  • I'd be interested to see @ashleyuk's offer

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited March 2016

OVZ Hetzner $7/1TB
    KVM Telehouse FRA $10/500GB
    KVM OVH CA $10/500GB

All with 1 Core/2GB Ram

• @Riz said:
    Really? Had to throw your affiliate link eh?

Of course. Why not? Maybe I would just mention it next time.

@chrisfe said:
    Did you use ServerHub ? How about their services ?

Yes, I have used them for shared hosting for a while. But there was a lot of memory errors, I think that they have a lot of users on the same shared hosting node. Their VPSes may be better than their shared hosting.

@info_hash said:
    Why not adding an aff link if it's not hidden but why to hide it behind the bit.ly crap?

I am interested in click through rates and not tried to hide anything. I am sure that all users of LET are intelligent enough to check where the link is pointing to. Other than that, I've had honest intentions to help the person, who initiated the discussion.

Thanked by 1chrisfe
  • RizRiz Member
    edited April 2016

@Hosted said:
    I am interested in click through rates and not tried to hide anything. I am sure that all users of LET are intelligent enough to check where the link is pointing to. Other than that, I've had honest intentions to help the person, who initiated the discussion.

Take that shit somewhere else.

Yes, I have used them for shared hosting for a while. But there was a lot of memory errors, I think that they have a lot of users on the same shared hosting node.

Honest intentions? You just mentioned receiving poor service. Clearly the links are for your OWN gain. Look at all the crap sitting in your signature.

• @Riz said:
    Honest intentions? You just mentioned receiving poor service. Clearly the links are for your OWN gain. Look at all the crap sitting in your signature.

I mentioned that their VPS service may be better than shared hosting. 1TB of SSD-cached disk space for $10 a month is really something worth mentioning.

Links are for the gain of the person who clicks on them AND for my own gain. It's clearly a win-win situation. When you don't buy through my affiliate links, I don't get anything.

Seems like you hate affiliate links and aff programs. But that's how the internet works. I haven't recommended anything that I don't actually like.

Have a nice day.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

I have a 1TB SSD-Cached ServerHub VPS in Dallas and I have no complaints. It's definitely worth the $10 per month.

Thanked by 1Hosted
  • RizRiz Member
    edited April 2016

@Hosted said:

You stated this after the fact of posting your spam. Also, looks like you want to keep this going. Fine by me.

Links are for the gain of no one EXCEPT you. You're here for profit, not for the community. Clearly not a WIN WIN when you'd like to mislead others. Too much of this garbage is brought here, and I'll do what I can do protect others.

I have nothing against affiliate links -- I have a problem with you. Look at the links in your signature for instance, both point to domains registered with private information. On top of that, "5buckshost.com" was probably registered by you (Created on 2016-03-25), with a joke of a page. Looks like it follows the trends of all your domains actually.

the-stats.com (nice piwik domain)

blog.recipes (full of spammy crap and ads, auto-reposting with hidden javascript ad links, for sale on Flippa, good luck https://flippa.com/6236484-blog-recipes)

https://www.seoclerks.com/user/CanadaSEO (nice reviews, oh wait..)

5buckhost.com (you actually forgot to privatize your information on this one..)

Take the advice you were given here. http://forum.youhosting.com/post91542.html#p91542

I am not doubting your ambition, but rather your intentions.