Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

500 VPs account for sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

500 VPs account for sale

up2vpsup2vps Member
edited February 2013 in General

Hello,

We are sorry for face this but due some problem we will not provide USA vps again, Our USA nodes is old by now and we not plan to update them. So we offer about 500 USA vps to sale.
few of them paid yearly about 10 account and the rest of them paid monthly around $4 to $14.

Please PM me for your price.

Thanks

Comments

• Well what in the world? We get AlienVPS coming back to life and now up2vps? Times must be bad.

@CVPS_Chris, know you were in the market for buying companies.

• @pubcrawler said: Well what in the world? We get AlienVPS coming back to life and now up2vps? Times must be bad.

We still provide Germany location, We only sell our USA location.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited February 2013

@pubcrawler said: Well what in the world? We get AlienVPS coming back to life and now up2vps? Times must be bad.

Déjà vu

• You guys are leaving the US market?!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@up2vps please enable possability for clients to change our e-mail address in your WHMCS.

• @ihatetonyy said: You guys are leaving the US market?!

Correct, Our nodes is get older and slower and we really not plan to upgrade it so sale it best option.

• @up2vps said: Our nodes is get older and slower and we really not plan to upgrade it so sale it best option.

And I was going to jump on board with you guys in Seattle again. :(

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Interesting, I PM you.

• @ihatetonyy said: And I was going to jump on board with you guys in Seattle again. :(

I'm really sorry, But we will not sale before sure everything will be the best for our clients.

• @up2vps Unfortunately not in the position to buy, but I am curious which data center you have in Seattle.

• People generally don't like to be sold.. (including personal info provided) so expect a lot of customers to move (I don't see how the heck you can sell customers without keeping them on the same server.

• @BronzeByte said: People generally don't like to be sold.. (including personal info provided) so expect a lot of customers to move (I don't see how the heck you can sell customers without keeping them on the same server.

Did you have better options?

@jbxl said: Unfortunately not in the position to buy, but I am curious which data center you have in Seattle.

Sentris

• Well the proper thing would be to notify customers of ownership/pending sale.

Then let people run away.

Then you end up with less paying customers who are aware of what is going on.

Buyer gets willing customers they've paid for vs. mad customers sold off who leave.

Fine to sell this way though, but amount per account should be reduced for expected losses post purchase.

• @pubcrawler (or anyone else)... any idea how you would estimate attrition in a case like this?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@pubcrawler said: Well the proper thing would be to notify customers of ownership/pending sale.

Then let people run away.

Then you end up with less paying customers who are aware of what is going on.

Buyer gets willing customers they've paid for vs. mad customers sold off who leave.

Fine to sell this way though, but amount per account should be reduced for expected losses post purchase.

Good point :(

• Depends greatly on the type of customers they are. IF they are new accounts, old accounts, sold on specials, annual payees, etc.

I'd guess 20% = 100 will find issues with transition / buy.

400 accounts at various plans... Need to estimate the monthly income, how many are free/no income to buyer.

I wouldn't calculate more than a few months of service retention unless you are experienced in this already and have gear in place to handle this. Service should be ideally better than it was. I won't comment any further about that.

400 accounts is top of what you are buying.

Income - your costs = profit

how many months of profit to make what you are paying for this?

I'd look at entire outlay vs. break even in six months, tops. If you can't do that, skip it.

These deals are ideal for people who know the business and have already racked idle servers for expansion running.

• Interested in learning more. Can you please email [email protected] to start a dialogue?

Thanks,

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Sent a pm

• Sad face. I don't want you to leave. Your servers work great.

• Sent a PM.

• If Urpad buys up2vps I will leave effective that day. No questions asked.

• Please send the details to: [email protected]. I may be interested in this too.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Already sent a PM. In case you missed it, you can send me an email at [email protected]

• is this for sell or transfer. I reckon your clients will not be happy if they know you are selling their infos.

• If someone "sells me" and my details as a customer to a third party i would be very very upset. To the point that i might be considered a flight risk after this.

• jbxljbxl Member
    edited February 2013

The best way I have seen this done is really one of two ways:

1. You sell the business privately to a concern that fully takes over all operations transparently. Selling a business like this happens all the time and honestly if the new party takes over the same operation everything should be transparent. This works for most businesses, but I'm not sure how it would work in the LEB environment. Things seem kind of fluid in this industry. Everything is built on trust and any perception of a break in that trust can have harsh consequences.

2. The business decides to close - Customers are given some time to relocate. Arrangements are made with one or several providers to provide refugee accounts for customers that are being abandoned. In the case were your customer base may be more upset about details being passed around it then becomes a customer's choice. Part of the arrangement can be payment of a bounty for each account that seeks safe harbor.

Of course a very public offer for sale has already been made. The bridge has been crossed.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2013

Can you send a full details to our admin email: admin [-at-] dewlance.com ?
    (Plan details, how many customers use plan a, b, c - active customers)

• Please email bradley @ nodedeploy . com with details, thanks!

• @Mun said: If Urpad buys up2vps I will leave effective that day. No questions asked.

I have a question to ask. Why?

• AndreAndre Member
    edited February 2013

Here's what I found...
    http://www.didyoutryrestartingit.com/index.php/urpad-review/

He can't read a ToS properly, so he's going to avoid all companies that enforce them.