Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REQUEST TIME OUT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REQUEST TIME OUT

JEDJED Member
edited December 2011 in Help

I got this server from a ca host, i got 3 vps from them then there is only 1 vps functioning well the others i got disconnection while using them a VPN SERVER, i dont know what's really the reason why does this server always have request time out and very slow in responding to my commands.

the support team said that the server is ok from there side(PH), i dont know why the server i got from them is not functioning good.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Comments

• Welcome

Discarding a problem in your connection, I think is a problem of your provider. Maybe bad routing, or some of the network equipment is failing. They must solve this, not you.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Looks like a DDOS to me.

Francisco

• i tried to conatct them but they were still saying that the server is functioning very well, but in my side it wasnt. :( what will i do?

Could you PM me the IP Jed?

I'll check it out from us and see if I can spot where it's acting up.

Francisco

• sure..

I'm not seeing any packetloss/etc from my house or the DC so it must be a bad link on your end.

Are you sure there isn't anyone torrenting or downloading at your house/location?

Francisco

• i am only the person using the internet. i have server from other host they work good.

• Post a traceroute.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited December 2011

You should've tried pinging through ssh using another VPS (or more than one VPS location if you can) , and not just the home ping result. EDIT: you can try just-ping.com for as many locations as you need.

Also, it could be something with DNS at provider side, so I would open a ticket with them to make sure if that, and especially if I just got the VPS and it actually didn't work correctly before.

And final thing I would think is CPU or I/O overselling is getting your VPS less responsive.

• Can't be a DNS problem, you are pinging an IP. Also, a DNS entry is cached.

• @yomero said: Can't be a DNS problem, you are pinging an IP. Also, a DNS entry is cached.

Well I just mention that as a previous experience where they told me there's an entry related to resolving which sometimes is missed (or not configured). But if that's the case he should get 100% packet loss wherever he tries from, and may connect successful to SSH after long wait but can't wget anything as long as that DNS/resolve IP isn't entered/isn't correct, that's what I can recall :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Yeah, post a traceroute as @Kairus then we can see where your routing may be crapping out at.