Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM down?

RophRoph Member
edited February 2013 in General

Can't reach my VPS in LV with them, and buyvm.net is offline for me too. Including here. Their IRC is down too. How about you guys?

[edit] This was posted at the same time

Comments

• yes,seems all of them

• Yeppers, down.

18: te0-3-0-6.ccr21.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com 110.245ms asymm 17

Haul from LAX to Vegas appears to be down.

Down with other providers in Fiberhub too.

• And their website is down... BuyVM's...

• MunMun Member
    edited February 2013

Seems down. Moves server to fix stability issues and then boom, network outage.

also: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7958/buyvm-vegas-what039s-the-deal

• http://buyvmstatus.com/live

All of LV down atm.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Posted on Twitter 35 min ago:

Frantech Solutions ‏@FrantechCA
    I'm aware, I think FH blew a router, just getting on the phone with them now :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Wish it was a router.

this is the official from Rob:

"An electrician working in our facility on upgrading our power distribution systems inadvertently caused one of the the main output breakers on our UPS system to trip. This caused power to our distribution transformers and distribution panels to be interrupted in a way that could not be protected by our backup power systems. Power was restored within a minute of the tripped breaker being located, and due to the nature of the issue we do not expect that any further problems will occur.
    "

A+B's wouldn't have done anything either alas.

Francisco

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited February 2013

@Fran This is why I'm getting worried about our new KVM Nodes I am bringing in, We have had no power failures since we been in Dallas corexchange, but must be annoying downing a few times a month due to their power failures at Fiberhub.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Well, before this FH had 0 power outages in 3 years.

This latest ones has them REALLY annoyed.

I say talk to Rob or Betty and see what they say they're going to do different.

I'm pissed but it isn't their fault. The only 'upside' is that Anthony has scripted so many automation/mass command issuing scripts that he'll have everything spun back up and at full capacity in ~15 minutes.

Francisco

• Back up on the storage in Vegas.

@MonsterR you avoided the Corexchange power issue with A+B power? Wasn't sure last power fail the extent.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited February 2013

@pubcrawler No got all our hardware setup for RaptorNode after that outage, Lucky me :)