Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Vegas: What's the Deal?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Vegas: What's the Deal?

SoylentSoylent Member
edited February 2013 in General

I didn't mention it earlier, but just now my VM with them has gone down for the second time today. buyvmstatus shows their entire LV infrastructure is offline. Are they having routing problem or something?

Comments

• It would be nice of them to move their IRC server offsite, because now it's down as well and there's no good place to stay up to date. Well, at least there's this thread.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
  • https://twitter.com/frantechca

Frantech Solutions ‏@FrantechCA 14m
    I'm aware, I think FH blew a router, just getting on the phone with them now :)

Frantech Solutions ‏@FrantechCA 11m
    @Uroboros_WoW No idea yet, I'm hoping it's something like a switch of theirs needs a restart. On hold waiting on Rob. Maybe it's just us.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

FH had some electricion on site and supposedly they broke something.

I'm hoping it didn't bring our cage down and it's just our uplink but we'll see.

I'm going to yell at Don when I go down at the end of the month.

Grumble grumble annoying.

Francisco

• akbakb Member
    edited February 2013

They are aware of it:

https://twitter.com/FrantechCA

P.S. Late reply. ignore :-)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Francisco said: supposedly they broke something.

:rage:

• This is the second time in a month or so -- I almost feel like I am eating words about Fiberhub....they were pretty good for a few months, but they don't seem to be taking this power issue seriously.

Seems like lately, I am building systems to withstand more failure than I ever anticipated, with multi-dc being a requirement. My systems show uptime of about 26mins as of now...

• @Surge said: It would be nice of them to move their IRC server offsite, because now it's down as well and there's no good place to stay up to date. Well, at least there's this thread.

I've been bugging Dilt and Fran about that for ages.

• I have about 10 servers there, and they all lost power. They are back up now though.

• Glad you're aware of it at least. I expect shit to come up from time to time, but this is the second time it happened today, which moves past isolated incidents and into "what the fuck is going on?" territory. The last time when things came back up there was no actual shutdown, just a connection interruption, so hopefully this will be the same way.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited February 2013

So did the router there just go down or power to the entire facility or just A leg power?

Folks need to audit the redundancy there.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited February 2013

Reminder to providers:

This is an example of why you have redundancy on your core customer systems (WHCMS, Solus Master, etc.). Ideally, offsite, off your locations, elsewhere.

Will be interesting to see how the router does on bringing another up.

• my 2 LV VPS's are down, If this is another power outage not looking to good for fiberhub as its the second time within a month.

• OVH in Canada is great on the routing since they peer and haul their own traffic. Some real low latency you typically don't see coast to coast in the US @Voss.

Fiberhub will be fine. That electrician however, someone needs to send him back for apprenticeship.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited February 2013

@pubcrawler

I think they might need to just call it a lose and find a new one that knows how to maintain power.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

We definitely had power disruptions there as well.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited February 2013

@qps said: We definitely had power disruptions there as well.

Fiberhub seem to be looking more and more unreliable how long have you been with them and what kind of experience have you had with them? Just wondering if this is a ongoing issues.
    Thanks
    Jonathan

• Look at the upside, I can test latency now with the link probably unused :) Certainly way under capacity at point in LAX.

• Looks like Vegas is back online.

• Another provider there I just logged into. 2 minutes uptime. Yep total power loss probably facility wide.

• Which means long fsck time ahead...

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited February 2013
  • Yeppers @rds100.... My storage node with BuyVM is probably checking the bits right now.

I wouldn't want to be working the support desk this evening...

• Their router just booted (prefix appeared in BGP). The nodes will probably take some time.

• Mine just got back online:

BuyVM VPS (xx.xx.xx.xx) is UP again at 2013-02-12 20:59:36, after 1h 39m of downtime.

@rds100 said: Their router just booted (prefix appeared in BGP). The nodes will probably take some time.

They're all spinning pretty damn quick. We're already at 50% network utilization.

On the plus side, I think I debugged one of the last speed crap outs I was seeing. My home speeds bumped from ~400K/sec to like 4.5MB/sec in a single stream and many others have shown large jumps too.

I guess we'll see once the network is back at full usage and we get some tickets out.

Francisco

Francisco

• Sighs. Got new LV backup server (KVM) - Waiting for it to spin up (or spin it up manually)

@Kris said: Sighs. Got new LV backup server (KVM) - Waiting for it to spin up (or spin it up manually)

Just spin it. Anthony has pushed what starts he can but if you have an ISO that didn't quite detect right it'll stop the startup.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Anthony has pushed what starts he can but if you have an ISO that didn't quite detect right it'll stop the startup.

Francisco

Spun up manually a minute or so after the thread, watched it fix some journaling in VNC, back up :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

Hum, this is getting ridiculous. I mean, ok, not a top DC, however, 2 times losing power in a month that is more than just murphy.
    Did EGI manage to hire someone as electrician named murphy at FH ? :P
    Did FH go like this before buyvm moved ? We could guess if murphy was on site or came in the buyvm truck...