Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centos: Remi vs IUS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centos: Remi vs IUS

nfnnfn Veteran
edited March 2016 in Help

Hi,

For those who use Centos, do you use remi or ius and why?
I'm using remi because they have more packages but ius seems more secure (Safe Replacement Packages) and it's approved by the community.

Comments

• I always recommend the Remi repo, I've never had issues with it, and people have had issues with others. I've never used or heard about IUS so I can't comment on that. But I've always used the remi repo.

Thanked by 1nfn
  • IUS, mainly because of the safe replacement packaging and fewer packages leading to less possible fuckery.

Thanked by 1nfn
  • Kloxo-MR use ius and webtatic for php and use ius for httpd 2.4.

Thanked by 1nfn
  • When I download software for Centos, if I know off the bat how to build it, I'll usually do it from source but for packages like nano, I'll use the default repo.

In the case of this thread, I prefer Remi :)

Thanked by 1nfn
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    When I download software for Centos, if I know off the bat how to build it, I'll usually do it from source but for packages like nano, I'll use the default repo.

In the case of this thread, I prefer Remi :)

+1

Thanked by 1nfn
  • Remi

• never heard of ius but remi has not let me down yet

Thanked by 1nfn
  • nfnnfn Veteran

Thanks for you input

• I use both Remi and IUS Community for Centmin Mod LEMP - managed via yum priorities (for all 3rd party yum repos) to prevent conflicts not that there are any for Remi and IUS. I use IUS mainly just for python 2.7 side install for CentOS 6 and Remi for other stuff like Redis, ImageMagicK etc.

Thanked by 1nfn
  • 2460124601 Member

Remi has never let me down yet.

Thanked by 1nfn