Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared.net Domain has expired?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared.net Domain has expired?

nepsneps Member
edited March 2016 in General

Comments

• works fine here and Expires on 2017-03-27 so might have been brief

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2016

Looks like they got around to it.

Updated Date: 27-mar-2016
       Creation Date: 27-mar-2014
       Expiration Date: 27-mar-2017

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2016

I dislike enom, we never get notices of renewals.

Sorry about that, for the most part we've moved everything to internet.bs.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Unprofessional. Will never do business with again until my next invoice is due.

• nepsneps Member

I'm only willing to do it with Enom if I put on a Namecheap first.

• @jarland said:
    Unprofessional. Will never do business with again until my next invoice is due.

Careful, If Adrylic see's this, you are doomed. :P

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited March 2016

You all have to switch to cnobin, top notch service, Skype support and you don't get kicked for foreign laws.

edited March 2016

@tr1cky said:
    You all have to switch to cnobin, top nothing service, Skype support and you don't get kicked for foreign laws.

I'm pretty happy with internet.bs so I've been slowly moving domains over there. The BuyShared ones are pretty much the last of them so they'll get moved once we're allowed (60 days or something waiting period once you renew?). We used to have a few hundred domains at ENOM but it was always hit/miss on if we would get alerts and more than once that someone flipped out on us in public because he didn't get reminded of the renewal. We stopped offering domains/etc at that point just because it wasn't worth the headache or the chargebacks.

Anyway, sorry about that, .com's already pointing properly, .net/.org will clear up quickly.

Thanks for the alert @neps!

Francisco

Thanked by 1desperand
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@PremiumN said:
    Careful, If Adrylic see's this, you are doomed. :P

Aldryic is the script that cron probably failed to run in order to renew the domain.

Thanked by 3Kris Nixtren raindog308
  • nepsneps Member

Francisco said: Thanks for the alert @neps!

No problem, thanks for the awesome service.

• lazytlazyt Member

Obvious deadpool back up now! Scammer alerts very bads.

(Holding out for a bottle of Russian Vodka.) ;)

Eh seriously though I've had that problem with every register at times. Enom just seems to be the worst for it.

• I don't see how it's enom's fault or results in a comparison of registrars. They do have auto-renew and likely options to customise renewal warnings (can't be bothered checking). Registrars become flavour of the month/year but they all are more or less the same.

But why rely on someone else to nudge you about maintaining an important asset to the company? There's probably better excuses to be made, if it were deemed worthy to make one.

• @tr1cky said:
    You all have to switch to cnobin, top notch service, Skype support and you don't get kicked for foreign laws.

Shame they don't support BTC, or they don't mention it anyway.

ricardo said: I don't see how it's enom's fault or results in a comparison of registrars.

You're right, it's on us. The source of the issue is that the CC we had on file with them was cancelled since it was leaked in the Staminus dump and since we haven't put credit at enom in 3+ years now, it didn't come to mind to update it.

Still, the alerts we do get from them are random at best so i'm a bit miffed that there was no warning of a credit shortage, renewal, etc.

With that being said, i'll just pull it to internet.bs whenever i'm past the grace period :) Everything else these days gets 5 years pre-pay, the buyshared domains were only done as 2 years at the time.

Francisco

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Francisco said: Still, the alerts we do get from them are random at best so i'm a bit miffed that there was no warning of a credit shortage, renewal, etc.

You'll like the ones internetbs sends out then. I've been getting a notification every day for the last 4 years that my account balance is at $0.99 and I should top it up.

@trewq said:
    You'll like the ones internetbs sends out then. I've been getting a notification every day for the last 4 years that my account balance is at $0.99 and I should top it up.

Once we get alerted that an expire is coming up we go throw 3 - 5 years at it right away :) Some of the other buyshared related domains went up for renewal the other day (the whitelabels) and I had zero issues with any of it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1MacPac