Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

OwnBox VPS review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OwnBox VPS review

targsxtargsx Member
edited March 2016 in Reviews

Hello all,

Just want to share my 2 months experience with OwnBox.co.uk VPS.
Usually I dont do reviews but somehow I feel obligated due to really superb service I got with them.

In past year I have tested 5 different VPS providers (EU and USA located) in the same price range, none of them delivered what they initially claimed. This one did and here are some pictures to prove it.

Its KVM Windows VPS, located in OVH France.

Its SSD raid based so its blazing fast (OS boots in less than 10 secs, literally). Everything feels snappy and quick with no lags whatsoever.

Decent network speed, and its FLAT!

If you want me to do some other tests, just say!

After initial setup there were no downtime or any problems so far (knock on wood).
Overall, REALLY great perfomance and value, rock solid with superfast and friendly tech support.

I got my VPS custom built in minutes with my own ISO supplied, so if you need one just contact them, Im sure Rob will cook one for you by your recipe.

P.S. No, this is not paid advertising and no Im not being paid to say all this :)

Thanked by 1starservices

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Looks good, the price is also appropriate. The disk speed is somewhat slow for SSD raid, I get this on my SSD box

dd if=/dev/zero of=/vm/test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.28958 s, 469 MB/s