Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any experience with Micohosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any experience with Micohosting

DStroutDStrout Member
edited February 2013 in Providers

So I was looking at LowEndStock a few weeks back and, unable to help myself, paid for a $10/year 128MB VPS with Micohosting on the 29th of January. That was two weeks ago, and my VPS still shows up as pending in their billing panel. I have called the number, but I have almost always gotten a busy signal. The few times it wasn't a busy signal, the call was rejected on their end (BTW, suspiciously like a Skype number). I have asked them on Twitter what's up, but no response.

As if that wasn't enough, I've saved the best for the last: I have opened two tickets, both of which have been deleted. As in, the billing panel doesn't acknowledge that they ever existed. I'm pretty much sure that they are a complete scam, but I want to know if anyone here has had any experience with them, good or bad. Search here turns up nothing relevant, so I ask. I have started the PayPal dispute process; we'll see how things go from here.

Comments

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

Well it looks like the company is from Greece..

Also found this:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/wiki/micohosting.com

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited February 2013

@earl Rather busy log they have there. Interesting... I know they're from Greece, hopefully that won't cause issues trying to get my $10 back. Also just noticed that LowEndStock reports that they're out of stock of the plan. Wonder how, when they're not actually selling any..? Also also, there's an interesting comment on LowEndStock's Micohosting page.

• Just called the number in whois with Google Voice (nice thing I found out - you can buy credit for a call like this, make it, and then refund any unused credit no questions asked). No response, unsurprisingly, but at least no credit was counted as used, so I didn't lose any money.

• @DStrout said: No response, unsurprisingly, but at least no credit was counted as used, so I didn't lose any money.

I think 1-855 might be like a 1-800 number that's why you did not get charged?
    I have no credit in my google voice account and I could dial the number fine there was a couple of rings but then it automatically disconnected.

• No, the whois number, in Greece, which is a +33 number. That costs. GV calls to the US & Canada are free, yes, but to Greece, it costs $.15/minute. Anyway, the means to make the call wasn't the point. The point was that, as usual, this "Milto Konstantinidis" is completely unreachable. I've sent an e-mail to the e-mail address listed in whois as well, doubt I'll see any response there.

• @DStrout said: I've sent an e-mail to the e-mail address listed in whois as well, doubt I'll see any response there.

I saw someone on WHT tried that email in the whois and he said the mail bounced!

• Still nothing. Haven't heard from either Micohosting or PayPal. I sure am glad I only paid $10 to this scam outfit.

• Just got word back from PayPal, and they settled the matter in my favor. Yay! Ten bucks back that I never thought I'd see again! It's too bad it had to come to this, my advice has to be to stay away from Micohosting unless you want your money tied up for three weeks while no one communicates with you.