Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UltraVPS.com (aka VP Easy aka Vesaweb aka Fiberhub) non-existent "24/7" support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UltraVPS.com (aka VP Easy aka Vesaweb aka Fiberhub) non-existent "24/7" support

RizRiz Member
edited March 2016 in General

I had purchased a KVM nearly a year ago, it ran fine, and support back then for the two tickets I submitted was less than 30 minutes. No issues. I generally don't submit any tickets unless, well, something is not working.

Fast foward to a few days back, when trying to re-image two KVM's. I was unable to boot / shutdown / reimage through Solus. The log reported everything was 'completed', but nothing was really being done. So I submitted a ticket in. As advertised, they specifically mention "24/7" support. Perfect, this will be resolved by morning.

After not hearing anything once I got off of work the following day, I sent a message to Rob T on WHT. Honestly, it shouldn't come down to this. Following that my support ticket was answered by him, but nothing solved at all. The VM was redeployed, with the same issue, and no real response. My old VM was deleted, I lost the IP's that were assigned to the VM, and a new one was created with a single new IP.

I tried to point out the possible error, which is that Solus's clock was off sync by ~5 minutes, I understand some things run through CRON, so this could be an issue. I also pointed out that the ticketing system was off by ~12 minutes. This still hasn't been addressed.

At this point, the VM is still offline and I have not heard anything since Thursday. Their web page clearly mentions "24/7 support", and "99.9% uptime guarentee" - both of which do not exist.

Buyer beware of anything purchased through Rob T, UltraVPS.com, VP Easy, Versaweb, or Fiberhub. Sure, their products work, speeds are great, but the support is non-existent. If anything fails, good luck!

EDIT: As of now, the issue has been resolved (4 days for the record).

Comments

• Submitted a ticket about 3 weeks ago for debian 8 image on ultravps brand, still haven't heard back. Definitely cancelling the service despite it being cheap and stuff. You get what you pay for.

• I got my cpu stripped down to 1, for abuse. It caused by fail2ban. After I resolved the problem and asked to get the cpu back, they said it was set it back to 4, but still I only have 1. More than a week and no positive response.

• RizRiz Member

Wow, sounds like they really have taken a turn for the worse. They can sell all day, but can't handle any support.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Are you referring to www.ultravps.eu or some other provider?
    Just wondering because my experience with ultravps.eu was pretty good.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • RizRiz Member

@dfroe said:
    Are you referring to www.ultravps.eu or some other provider?
    Just wondering because my experience with ultravps.eu was pretty good.

Nice catch, looks like they're two seperate entities. I've edited the title accordingly.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@gonggo said:
    I got my cpu stripped down to 1, for abuse. It caused by fail2ban. After I resolved the problem and asked to get the cpu back, they said it was set it back to 4, but still I only have 1. More than a week and no positive response.

Have you powered the VPS off and back on? SolusVM only applies a new configuration file at boot time, and it doesn't do any sort of 'hot adding' of CPU/RAM/etc.

Francisco

• @Fransisco thank you for the hint, I got sorted out by rebooting from SolusVM. The funny thing is they requested my root credentials to login to my VPS and check the problem, then no answer since I asked for their ssh public key.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thats why there SSD deals are so cheap, no Support included, now i get this.

• The service is not at all bad... I can vouch for that espcially products under UltraVPS but yes, the support answering can be a bit slow to an irritating level.

I have a VPEasy VPS as well, the network isn't as great as UltraVPS but the hardware is somewhat great to the price being paid... Only if they can pep up the support a bit.

Anyway... if you are "Adventurous" enough, they are not for your. If you just want to setup a performance server for production site... install, configure and forget it... they are the best price/performance combo.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

I use the VPEasy VPS for file transfers and can say it its the job done. Use support the first time when I received the service but havn't had a need since. Running a Windows VPS on it. No downtime I can recall.

• RizRiz Member

Issue here was resolved, but sounds like a lot of others have the same to say.

My issue isn't with the network / hardware at all, but rather the support side.