Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEBRadio needs Donations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEBRadio needs Donations

xprotoceptxprotocept Member
edited December 2011 in General

Hey All

Here is xProtocept from LEBRadio, We are in need of some Donations to get a MP3 Broadcasting Licence for Shoutcast
The Price of the Licence is $5
When we get that Licence, we can add a Flash Player to our Website

Contact me if U want to Buy/Donate that to us!

Thank You!

P.S
We do not want to use Icecast Broadcasting

Comments

• $5 is not much money, why don't pay for it yourself?

• I don't got the money right now
    I just got a Job, and i get payed next year...

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited December 2011

Thought you were doing AAC. Why bother with MP3?

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited December 2011

@xprotocept PM me.

• $5 for a mp3 license? what the hell is a mp3 license never heard of it..

• This is starting to be a bit much... it's one thing to run something in the LEB name, but now asking for donations in the LEB name?

You folks do realize that any US-based VPS streaming music has to pay royalties for all licensed music, right?

Thanked by 2Infinity drmike
  • @Aldryic said: You folks do realize that any US-based VPS streaming music has to pay royalties for all licensed music, right?

I was thinking the same thing. Royalties are expensive, too. Very expensive.

• Dont host the server in mpaa/riaa land then. simple

• I don't like being arrested for stabbing people, so I should probably move to a third world country with corrupt law enforcement as well.

I'm sorry, but hosting outside the MPAA/RIAA "jurisdiction" will do you just as much good as it did those torrent engines.

• @clubuptime said: I was thinking the same thing. Royalties are expensive, too. Very expensive.

But talk is cheap :) Which is part of the reason I was encouraging the guys to produce & stream original content rather than a music playlist.

• Sites hosted in the likes of switzerland and russia and ukraine do fine

• We need that MP3 licence to Broadcast in MP3 and get a flash player on our website instead of only Windows Media player, so also Mac and Linux users can listen to the radio

• Or you could run icecast for free? What's the aversion?

• @Aldryic said: Or you could run icecast for free? What's the aversion?

Agree

Honestly I am getting bored. Lots of threads of this.

And at the end, the problem is about copyright.

What's next? An Lowendp2p? escrow? poker website? click and get paid? All in the name of LEB.

• @xprotocept said: We need that MP3 licence to Broadcast in MP3 and get a flash player on our website instead of only Windows Media player, so also Mac and Linux users can listen to the radio

Huh? Mac & Linux can do AAC. And Flash is totally unnecessary.

Maybe if you were a mainstream broadcast with many inexperienced users these things would be necessary. But your audience is techno-geeks! Put up a solid AAC stream and make 'em figure it out ;)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Aldryic said: This is starting to be a bit much... it's one thing to run something in the LEB name, but now asking for donations in the LEB name?

I agree. No offence intended but seriously, it might've been a good idea at first but now..

• I can't believe my eyes.

It's an illusion.

• Okay, We got a MP3 Licence now

• @Infinity said: I agree. No offence intended but seriously, it might've been a good idea at first but now..

It was a good idea, and maybe it still is. But it's gonna die soon if it's nothing more than someone's music.

Radio is about content. Give me original content and I'll tune in. Keep doing it and I'll give you money.

But put up your playlist (licensed or unlicensed) and I really couldn't be bothered to listen.

• @Sleddog SpeedBus and me are still working on all the songs
    Within 1 week there will be over 100 songs

Different people have different tastes, some people may like the content some may not which is why radio isn't so much of a good idea.

• its a good idea but this generic music is utter crap, we need talk shows

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • If you want me to sing a song just let me to know. but no more than alt rock era. (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Live, etc). :P

• @xprotocept said: SpeedBus and me are still working on all the songs

Within 1 week there will be over 100 songs

You just not getting it.

If I want to listen to music, I have thousands of tracks at my finger tips. My music, which I like, not yours, which I may not.

What I want to hear on LEBRadio is your interview with Aldryic.

@sleddog said: What I want to hear on LEBRadio is your interview with Aldryic.

LOL.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited December 2011

Ahahaha, I about inhaled half my scotch when I read that :P

• This actually sounds like a good idea, not the music part of it. Quite frankly, your playlist is utter crap, and on top of that you don't have a good website to even direct your listeners too. ALSO, you NEED to pay royalty or else your gonna end up getting LEB shutdown and you will end up getting some hefty fines and even some jail time.

With that being said, if your not getting the point, I'm willing to take on the project of maybe a hosting talk show or something along the lines and donating all profits and whatnot to both the radio site itself and LEB. Would anyone be interested in taking this on with me?

• Hahaha, We might do interviews next year :D

Need to talk with SpeedBus about that

• @xprotocept said: Hahaha, We might do interviews next year :D

Need to talk with SpeedBus about that

I guess what I just posted went in through one ear, and out the other. Read the first paragraph of my last post.