Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buyshared.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buyshared.com

@Francisco,
If I open a buyshared.com shared hosting account with a testing domain name,
and then in the future want a different specific domain name, is it possible for me to consequently switch my hosting to the new domain names? (I see the TOS says clients may not open multiple personal accounts.)

Can buyshared.net service provide hoster's domain name (or names)
for utilizing clients' subdomains similar to the subdomains of the clients of the byet.host hoster shown currently at the bottom of the page https://byet.host/free-hosting ?

Thanks.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Welcome to BuyShared presales discussion forum. Your question is important to us and will be answered in the order it was received.

There are 9 customers ahead of you. Please hold.

• Why don't you open a ticket? Seems a bit of a long way round to contact them

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Because the world needs more free web hosts...

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2016

Hi there,

just open a ticket - Aldryic will surely sort your questions with the iron determination of a heavily drunk russian pony!

Francisco

Uups. Wrong account.

• figured what you wanna hold? :D

@jarland said:
    Please hold.

Thanked by 2jar Amitz
  • GCatGCat Member

Your request is currently under review by our Anti-Idiot department. Please wait for the next available representative.

• I'm not sure that it helps, but I have had them switch the domain associated with my account in the past. I don't currently have an account, but I have in the past. It wasn't an issue then, but things may have changed.

• AmitzAmitz Member

century1stop said: figured what you wanna hold? :D

I would have something that you could hold. Just not sure if you would like to. ;)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@GCat said:
    Your request is currently under review by our Anti-Idiot department. Please wait for the next available representative.

You have been forwarded to the "anti-retention" department. Like the pre-sales department, we will have to put you on hold.

(..........................................................)

Your patience is TOTALLY appreciated. Please stay as we value your business. Your wait time is: until the Sun burns itself out.

Thanked by 2WSCallum GCat
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Obligatory: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/customer_service

"Your intestines will be my jump rope...your skull...my urinal..."

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • WHTWHT Member
    edited March 2016

Dear client,

Your order have been canceled, do to out anti-fraud system and your paypal do not match with our website color.

• FoulFoul Member

WHT said: Dear client,

Your order have been canceled, do to out anti-fraud system and your paypal do not match with our website color.

Now you're just racist.

Thanked by 3jar GCat Four20
  • WHTWHT Member

@Foul said:
    Now you're just racist.

Hahaha. Peace bro

• Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk. Your call is important to us, please wait while i attempt to connect you to an agent...

Your patience is appreciated, unfortunately all agents are currently busy, you will be forwarded to our voice mail box and one of our agents will attempt to call you back as soon as possible.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MedY8MedY8 Member

clarity_64 said: I have had them switch the domain

Thanks for actually trying to help clarity_64. :)

Hilarious and sadly not far from the truth. But I usually just get a click and dial tone after punching in the numbers with most support calls...

Carry on, you're all making my afternoon. And how could I pass all of this up for a mere support ticket? I'll stay tuned, thanks.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • hmm interesting, ever willing to explore enormous new things ;D

@Amitz said:

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@century1stop said:
    hmm interesting, ever willing to explore enormous new things ;D

https://io8.io/d/a/j/Tralala.mp3 ;-)

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

MedY8 said: @Francisco, If I open a buyshared.com shared hosting account with a testing domain name, and then in the future want a different specific domain name, is it possible for me to consequently switch my hosting to the new domain names? (I see the TOS says clients may not open multiple personal accounts.)

You're going to get smacked if you're switching all the time. My recommendation is that you get a reseller and then you can create/delete/change the domains on your own w/o requiring us.

For shared plans you could use 'addon domains' to do something similar.

Francisco

• By the way, are we allowed to signup to shared hosting without a valid domain name ("testing domain")? I usually signup with a generic domain and then use that "addon domains" to add multiple domains. My first order on BuyShared went fine, but the second one was stopped by Aldryic saying they require a legitimate domain for using your shared hosting services.

Thanked by 1StevenN

@Nixtren said:

That's usually fine. Be aware that userdir (~username) isn't supported so you probably should have a working domain.

Francisco

• MadMad Member

You had different ways to contact them: private message, live chat, contact form.

Why did you open a new thread? Is LET the new BuyShared's helpdesk? You would have probably got a faster reply as well.

• mikimiki Member

@MedY8

Go away from buyshared.com - even if people here love them, they are very unfriendly and arrogant. I have moved from them to hostmantis. hostmantis has 80% OFF coupon code on their Facebook page now. Much much better support and service.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @miki said:
    MedY8

Go away from buyshared.com - even if people here love them, they are very unfriendly and arrogant. I have moved from them to hostmantis. hostmantis has 80% OFF coupon code on their Facebook page now. Much much better support and service.

Amazing to see your experience with them @Francisco, but its not ethic to do judgment and influence another base on your record with them.

AFAIK as long you can explain in every problem with detail most of provider will be understand and looking best way to serve you better.

No matter where you are or which is provider you choose its almost be same procedure.

Aldyric also have excellent service thats what I know about them.

• mikimiki Member
    edited March 2016

Francisco is nice guy, but Aldyric is boss in their business, as he said to me in support ticket.
    This is how Aldyric reply to clients:

Regarding the direct payment - this is the second time I have told you that such would be a violation of our Terms of Service. Please be aware that further disregard for our policies will result in you finding a new host much sooner than you are prepared for.

"its not ethic to do judgment and influence another base on your record with them"

I see on this forum that a lot of members gives positive critics when some hosts are mentioned. And that also does influence buyers based on personal experience.

If this is forum is open for any opinion and does not promote favorite hosts and friends, then I think my post is legit.

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited March 2016

@miki, while I don't find anything wrong with Aldyric's response, I do believe that sharing opinions and experiences is fair as long as there's something to support it.

Honestly, I've had nothing but good experiences with both BuyVM services and support.

Not pointing fingers but, while the service with BuyVM is basically premium when compared to other LEB providers, none of us should forget that we're not paying them huge amounts of cash that justify them tolerating our behaviour/attitude that they deem unacceptable.

Similarly, if we (as consumers) are unhappy with the treatment, then we always have the option to migrate over to another provider.

Maybe you should migrate your stuff over to Wable and compare their support responses to Aldyric's? ;-)

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • @miki base on your quote about Aldyric, I can't catch or seeing they are unfriendly and arrogant as your statement above. He just said its has been twice you againts their TOS and if we try to look back it was acceptable from your end when first time you sign up with their service.

I'm not stated you can't give positive critics, but without strong fact and clear proof within your problem then its unacceptable review IMHO.

Thanked by 1MacPac

BeardyUnixGuy said: Not pointing fingers but, while the service with BuyVM is basically premium when compared to other LEB providers, none of us should forget that we're not paying them huge amounts of cash that justify them tolerating our behaviour/attitude that they deem unacceptable.

As others have said, Aldryic deals with an unreasonable amount of bullshit from people that slag on him.

To @miki, would paysafecard work for you?

Francisco

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • mikimiki Member

@Francisco

Because of Aldryic friendly support I was forced to lose one day searching for new host and another one for migration.

I have moved to hostmantis.com and I'm really happy with them.

1st

They respect me and my money, that was not case with you. For you I was fraud, for them I'm client.

2nd

I got very good deal (80% OFF lifetime) and servers look very good for me.

3rd

They look like real company who cares about clients and not just two guys who change TOS and kick off customers acting arrogant and not helpful at all.

Francisco , you were friendly in our previous communication here but your partner is above you as I can see.
    Because of that I would never ever recommend to anyone anything from buyshared / BuyVM / frantech

miki said: They look like real company who cares about clients and not just two guys who change TOS and kick off customers acting arrogant and not helpful at all.

No one changed the TOS. If you were able to signup with a mismatched paypal it means you were simply not checked last time. That rule has been around since the dawn of pony.

What happened is the check used to be done manually but we moved to relying on paypal to verify it once they added the feature. There has been very few times during our time in business where people could signup with whatever card/details they wanted, and each time I end up out $1000 in chargeback fees because of fraud for the month.

Francisco

• miki said: I was forced to lose one day searching for new host and another one for migration.

Rough. A whole day to find another $5/year host? I feel your pain....

This discussion has been closed.