Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server with SATA HDD drive
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server with SATA HDD drive

Hi,

I'm currently hosting a website on Kimsufi and all of the content is user-generated (therefore potentially against rules in some cases). I'm looking for a reasonable host which will actually give me a chance to remove anything against the rules rather than just suspending me once it's reported, I'm not sure if I can trust Kimsufi/OVH for that.

I'm looking for a dedicated server with 4GB+ of RAM, and at least 1x2TB HDD. DDoS protection is a huge plus. I don't have any specific requirements for the CPU, just as long as it isn't the bottleneck when serving files from a disk (the HDD should be the bottleneck).

My budget is around $50.

I am very happy with Kimsufi, I'm just worried about their attitude towards user-generated content which I can't immediately remove if it's against the rules.

Hopefully someone can suggest a host which would be appropriate, or give tips on Kimsufi in regards to this kind of thing. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited March 2016

Kimsufi is considered pretty kind on these violations. Other providers could be more restricted on that. Make frequent backups.

You can get a box from dacentec, and replicate all your data there as a backup (or even a mirror site), if you are on BHS. If it's in Europe you can also find cheap backup service like time4vps.

I see mass amount of people torrenting questionable files on kimsufi and not having any problem.

• RizRiz Member

^ SYS might be an option as I know there support is a bit better too.

• where would be your target location?