Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Frantech Reseller Alternative
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Frantech Reseller Alternative

mikimiki Member

I'm using BuyVM Frantech Reseller few years and all is more or less fine, but today when I got new invoice I can't pay because my paypal does not match my location.

In previous years I was using the same paypal but it looks like they have new fraud rules and don't want my payments at all.

All I can do is to move to other reseller providers.

Can you suggest something with similar price.
Here I'm getting 125G SSD for $35.00 USD Semi-Annually

Comments

• WHTWHT Member

If SSD is not a must take a reseller from misterhost.net (aff link in my sig).

• GCatGCat Member

Welcome to the world if anti-fraud, nice of you to join us.

A solution you can try if you're not US citizen is Advcash get a perpaid visa using PayPal or BTC, then pay.

• It will be difficult to find a provider like them which is cheap and reliable same time. Why don't you contact them and find any alternative to make the payment? @Francisco

• mikimiki Member

@Francisco I hope he can help...

• Hostmantis, with their fb promo.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@miki said:
    I'm using BuyVM Frantech Reseller few years and all is more or less fine, but today when I got new invoice I can't pay because my paypal does not match my location.

How hard is it to have your billing details match your location? Unless you're traveling or being shady, of course. Don't know about you but I don't like to hop on a plane to go pick up my mail...

Thanked by 1GCat
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: Don't know about you but I don't like to hop on a plane to go pick up my mail...

I would love to hop on a plane to go pick up my mail.

(Disclaimer: I'm assuming I own the plane, and it's a Dreamliner with a bowling alley and a swimming pool, and and can have my mail delivered anywhere in the world, like Fiji).

• mikimiki Member

@jarland

It does not match but it was like that previous 4 times when I paid BuyVM.
    Not they changed their fraud settings and don't want to accept manual payment, but force me to waste time moving all account to other provider.

I could understand that they didn't want me as customer from beginning, but this is like having me paying with "not matched billing info" over years, and then decided to change it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Generally once you signup your future payments shouldn't be an issue.

Please send me the ticket ID and I'll talk to Aldryic about it, but we haven't put any new rule changes in place.

Francisco

• mikimiki Member

@Francisco Ticket is #74200

• mikimiki Member

@Junkless Where is promo for Hostmantis ?

• mikimiki Member

Has anybody try https://www.ssdcloudservers.com
    They have 80% off deal now.

The paypal thing I can't do much with and we aren't going to accept manual payments since that kinda defeats the point of the paypal check.

If you're having issues with a credit card it's likely you're providing incorrect details to Stripe. If you moved recently then that would be an issue. I would recommend calling your issuing bank and have them confirm the details on file and then adjust as needed.

Francisco

edited March 2016

miki said: It does not match

Exactly. Why doesn't it? The point I'm trying to make is that if you're not serious enough about the relationship to provide the host with accurate information, why should they be any more invested in the relationship than you are?

The reason I try to make this point is that you may have continued problems down the line if your instinct is to move hosts rather than resolve trust issues.

• May be CrownCloud if they have stock

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2016

Exactly. Why doesn't it?

There are plenty of legit reasons for IP address or billing details not matching. I would say that about 80 % of the times my billing details don't match and 98 % of the times my IP location doesn't:

• For one, my bank accounts/cards are registered far away from where I actually live. I switch cities every six months or so, so it's not realistic to keep everything updated.
    • Plenty of times I am on untrusted networks, as a result of this my VPN is always on and I never order from a residential IP. Again, not realistic to expect that I disable my secure connection in order to renew a server from some public Wi-Fi.
    • If I'm expecting snail mail from a business, I will give them a foreign postbox because that's where I can get email opened and scanned. Very useful when I'm not at home and need to get some documentation. I actually needed to provide notarized ID proof in order to start using this service!

So yeah, it's actually not uncommon for me to order from a foreign VPN, with a foreign postal address and Spanish billing details. I had been acting like this for the last few years, with hundreds of transactions to/from different merchants. I can only recall two incidents due to this, both were solved with human verification some hours later and without requesting any form of ID proof.

I recon that my situation is a bit special and I also understand that for someone offering $5/year services, risking a chargeback may be unacceptable. I just wanted to show my point.

Edit: I also get the feeling that using an email address from a personal domain helps a lot with people doing manual provisioning. It's just not the same than someone ordering from a random Yahoo address.

Thanked by 2jar Umair

Nyr said: There are plenty of legit reasons for IP address or billing details not matching. I would say that about 80 % of the times my billing details don't match and 98 % of the times my IP location doesn't:

That's not the OP's issue.

His paypal isn't his own account so Paypal's off the list of possible methods. Stripe (CC) is available if he can figure out why his card isn't being accepted (likely mismatched details between what he remembers them to be and what the bank expects on pay out).

Once an account is vetted Aldryic's pretty easy going. Placing tickets on a VPN, etc, is generally fine.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jar
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

Francisco said: Once an account is vetted Aldryic's pretty easy going. Placing tickets on a VPN, etc, is generally fine.

I can somewhat attest to that.

I have been a customer for close 2 years. I travel extensively, use VPNs from geographically diverse locations but have never had an issue getting a ticket answered, sorting an issue out involving a client's compromised PC sending out spam and generating a ton of back-scatter, or even paying for services (I pay using bitcoins or credit card and I don't use paypal).

So far, Aldryic and @Francisco have both been quite understanding and accommodating, and I only have good things to say about the services.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • mikimiki Member

My case is very specific but question in this thread is not to solve my paypal issue, but to suggest other provider.
    Anyway, thanks to all.

• @miki said:

where is the info ?

• You could give https://dedistation.com/billing/order.php?step=1&productGroup=1&product=19 a try, but no way I can match BuyVM's support times and SLA for this price.

I suggest you work towards fixing your payment issues before searching for another provider, migrating a reseller elsewhere is a huge pain!

• mikimiki Member

@linuxthefish

Thanks!

My "payment issue" is simple - my country does not have paypal and I use paypal from friend over 10 years.
    All other companies (I'm spending a lot monthly on different online services) accept me as client and agree to accept private payments but BuyVM Frantech decided don't to do it.

So, my "issue" can't be solved but I can look for company who want to do business with me and not to waste my time forcing me to migrate after two years of using them (BuyVM Frantech)

edited March 2016

My fear is that you never know when the next company is going to decide that they're tired of PayPal chargebacks and start increasing their requirements. You should have your friend create the accounts for you, honestly. If you trust them that much, nothing to lose from having their name on it.

• Just visit hostmantis' fb page to see the promo code (70% off, if I remember correctly).

• mikimiki Member

@jarland said:
    My fear is that you never know when the next company is going to decide that they're tired of PayPal chargebacks and start increasing their requirements. You should have your friend create the accounts for you, honestly. If you trust them that much, nothing to lose from having their name on it.

OVH, Crocweb, Aweber, Wufoo, DigitalOcean, Vultr, quadix ... etc... they all accept my payments. So it is all about business and trust.

• @jarland said:

My friend make order for me, Aldryic banned complet country.
    Support arrogant and unhelpful.

• mikimiki Member

@dragon1993 said:

I'm also arrogant myself :) so I could understand him.

Anyway, looks that hostmantis is good alternative to BuyVM Frantech reseller hosting.

• I'm really appreciated and respect how @Francisco and Frantech team work out againts fraudlent problem. On this day its really hard to find honest and fair people around internet decade. So this is just about ethic and honest in the blank world because we just only seeing root or C prompt beside face to face.

• @miki said:

where is 80% off deal info?