Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a lowendscript for lnmp
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a lowendscript for lnmp

Hello, I have bought a Ramnode-128mb plan and I wanna use it to host a wordpress blog. Any recommends for the script ? I need the nginx, mysql and php environment.
I have noticed that the lowendscript is out of date. It updated 2 years ago.
Thank you!

Comments

• Centminmod has a work around for installing it on 128 mb memory vps.

• RizRiz Member

Tuxlite should work for you.

• @Junkless said:
    Centminmod has a work around for installing it on 128 mb memory vps.

thank you!

• @Riz said:
    Tuxlite should work for you.

Tuxlite hasn't had an update since 2013, and I'm not sure that centminmod will run well on a 128mb footprint - it's certainly designed for more potent VPSs. Expect to see fewer scripts for these micro-RAM VPSs - when you can get 1Gb RAM VPS for $10/yr there's less demand for 64/128mb lowend scripts.

The LxMP stach may not be your problem here. If you're running a big theme and half a dozen meaty plugins, WordPress will run out of RAM. My advice would be - run a vpn or some other project on your ramnode instance and pay about the same again to get a 512/1024Mb node with another provider, to run your blog.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • RizRiz Member

@squibs said:

Ah, wasn't aware it died. That tiny project was / is running quite a few of my servers still. Thanks for the update!

• nocheers said: I need the nginx, mysql and php environment.

https://hostigation.com/blog/create-lnmp-server-in-128mb/

Works perfect, not sketchy.

• I've used EasyEngine for a nice WP install on 256MB but haven't tried 128. Would probably be fine if you used another caching option (I used --wpfc which is nginx cache for static page cache + memcached for mysql/php caching).