Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant install solusvm on OVH Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cant install solusvm on OVH Servers

Hey can anyone help me to install solusvm on centos 6.7, kernel is the ovh one therefore i cant boot into openvz after installing solusvm.

tried vnc method too but didn't work

please help

Comments

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited March 2016

could it be possible you installed the wrong version? if I remember correctly that is.....

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Then don't use OVH kernel, use the original one?

• Make sure you have the latest operating system installed on your dedicated machine supported by SolusVM at this time. We use Virtualizor and have CentOS 6 installed and works absolutely fine :)

• You may want to do a vnc install, which will allow you to install however you will like the os, partitions etc...

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@sweatbar said:
    Hey can anyone help me to install solusvm on centos 6.7, kernel is the ovh one therefore i cant boot into openvz after installing solusvm.

tried vnc method too but didn't work

please help

There is a problem with OVH CentOS 6 templates. You will find that there are many unnecessary partitions on running the df -h command.

Run these commands to remove them:

rpm -e bind chroot

service named restart

Also install using the Distribution Kernel and yum update it.

AFAIK, I could setup everything successfully on the OVH dedicated server (KVM...not OpenVZ) and create working VPSes.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited March 2016

now DNS is a problem?

@BlazingServers said:
    AFAIK, I could setup everything successfully on the OVH dedicated server (KVM...not OpenVZ) and create working VPSes.

• @EVM_Mike said:
    Then don't use OVH kernel, use the original one?

For original one it says hardware not supported

• @BlazingServers said:

ill try that