Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firewall reports UID Tracking hit where the causing IP is the Cloudflare IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Firewall reports UID Tracking hit where the causing IP is the Cloudflare IP

postcdpostcd Member

Hi, on my webserver im getting an firewall alerts of tracking hit. Subject of the email:
lfd on myhostname: UID *** (myhostingaccount) Tracking Hit

And the connection IP is the CLoudflare one while im not aware having cloudflare used on my site.

Feb * ::* hostname kernel: [******.******] Firewall: TCP_OUT Blocked IN= OUT=venet0 SRC=MYSERVERIP DST=162.159.245.61 LEN=60 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=60766 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=58931 DPT=80 WINDOW=14600 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 UID=555 GID=563

SPT (source port) is variable acros connections

Why is the cloudflare IP involved and why using various SPT?

Thx

Comments

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited March 2016

@postcd said:
    Hi, on my webserver im getting an firewall alerts of tracking hit. Subject of the email:
    lfd on myhostname: UID *** (myhostingaccount) Tracking Hit

And the connection IP is the CLoudflare one while im not aware having cloudflare used on my site.

Thx

You may want to remove your IP from a public forum ;)

Edit: actually I misread and confused. The IP you have is Cloudflare's IP. It would seem something is connection from your server to the Cloudflare IP

• Are you using CSF with a country-code filter?

• postcdpostcd Member
    edited March 2016

@Rallias said:
    Are you using CSF with a country-code filter?

I think my CSF is not blocking any country, or not sure what you mean by country filter