Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended companies for a multiyear vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommended companies for a multiyear vps?

javieriojavierio Member
edited March 2016 in General

Hello guys,

I've been a happy leb customer for a couple of years and the only thing that bothers me is that most leb providers charge by month, I'd prefer to pay once and forget, so I'd like advice for a multiyear (=> 3 years) deal.

My requirements are the following:

1 vps 256MB RAM, 20GB HD, openvz. apache/php, currently using 30MB in RAM and 5GB in HD
1 vps 512MB RAM, 500GB HD, openvz. rsync, currently using 15MB in RAM and 360GB in HD.
1 vps 2GB RAM, 50HD, openvz, nginx/rsynd currently using 100MB and 40GB in HD.

Thank you in advance.

Bests

Comments

• I say check out the top providers polls and find a host you like that fits your needs then submit a billing ticket. I'd assume most providers would be willing to send a custom long-term invoice

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Sent you a PM. Been doing this since 2008 :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

It is a bit weird that you want this, but many billing systems let you add credit and use it to automatically pay generated invoices.

WHMCS which the "LET industry standard" allows this, for example.

Still, I wouldn't pay for multiple years in advance for a VPS, that's unnecessarily risky.

Thanked by 3rm_ sayem314 Dylan
  • nepsneps Member

Nyr said: Still, I wouldn't pay for multiple years in advance for a VPS, that's unnecessarily risky.

Me too, yearly is the max that makes sense for me. Besides, technology and the market is ever changing. Something worth X amount today might be much cheaper two years from now; new offers might be available, etc.

Plus money paid in advance is money not invested in something else. Even a few hundred dollars invested passively over three years can turn small profits, but profits big enough for me to be willing to inconvenience myself with paying invoices once a year instead of once every three. Then again, I guess if its just 2-3 servers like the OP it's not really that much of a factor.

• javieriojavierio Member
    edited March 2016

@Nyr, indeed I'd expect more leb providers to allow some kind of credit system, however I've never found any, besides digitalocean/ec2 but those are kind of expensive for my needs, I barely use a couple of processes.

Anyway, I've followed @badpatrick advice and opened a ticket on my current providers so hopefully I'll be able to pay in advance, still, if you're a provider please activate/allow credit systems so customers can pay in advice without directly contacting you.

Thanked by 1NickMNXio
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@javierio said:
    Nyr, indeed I'd expect more leb providers to allow some kind of credit system, however I've never found any, besides digitalocean/ec2 but those are kind of expensive for my needs, I barely use a couple of processes.

Anyway, I've followed badpatrick advice and opened a ticket on my current providers so hopefully I'll be able to pay in advance, still, if you're a provider please activate/allow credit systems so customers can pay in advice without directly contacting you.

If those are using WHMCS/Hostbill, you can simply add funds there. Look for that option :)

• MrGeneral,

I must be with unordinary providers since none of them provide such option or it's well hidden. Thank you for your advice =)!

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2016

javierio said: MrGeneral,

I must be with unordinary providers since none of them provide such option or it's well hidden. Thank you for your advice =)!

Can you name them? If they are from this forum, it's very likely that they are using WHMCS, which supports this.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

High risk of fraud because of price of 3 year will be big amount for lowend providers. $7 x 36 = $252. No one will be ready to take big risk.

• I can count the providers I'd expect to see around here in 3 years on one hand. Most base their best deals on annual anyways, so I doubt you'd see anything better for stretching that out.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @cociu, that would be awesome!, unfortunately I only speak spanish|portuguese, any plans to add them in the future? =D

• @mikeyur said:
    I can count the providers I'd expect to see around here in 3 years on one hand. Most base their best deals on annual anyways, so I doubt you'd see anything better for stretching that out.

So 5 (fingers + thumb) or 14 (phalange)?

• You can't play that far into the future, in 3 years we might all be using 64gb ARM servers for $10 a year!

Thanked by 2vimalware Junkless
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

We offer 3 - year payments for our VPS servers. Please let me know if you interested and I will check what I can do here.