Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please do not let you turn into a joke! Hostwinds Thank you
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please do not let you turn into a joke! Hostwinds Thank you

I believe there are many people like Hostwinds joke, please relax when it's like dog feces, like jokes

Ron wang || Client
At Hostwinds, all of our nodes have 10Gbps lines or higher, to ensure there is never any saturation of the line.

So I only get the speed of 500KB / s of?

03/15/2016 10:45 Michael Brower || Staff
Hello Ron,

Unfortunately, we are unable to match exactly the plans that WeLoveServers offered, as such we have placed you on comparable plans to what we have with Hostwinds.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer these plans with 1Gbps link speeds, this speed is reserved for only our higher level plans.

Please note, that WeLoveServers only had a single 1Gbps line to each node, and sometimes hundreds of VPS on the same node, with the same "1Gbps link" speed set.

At Hostwinds, all of our nodes have 10Gbps lines or higher, to ensure there is never any saturation of the line.

If you wish to upgrade to a higher link speed you may, or if you simply want to upgrade your server to increase your resources, this too will increase your link speed.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

qq7119 said: please relax when it's like dog feces

k

• it's only a misunderstanding

• nice read. bye !

• Thanked by 1ehab
  • Come on, you guys are literally wrecking my data plan with your huge GIFs :(

($50/month for 1GB data, 300 minutes and unlimited text, $25/additional GBs)

Thanked by 1sandro
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@FlamesRunner said:
    $50/month for 1GB data

Wow, and here I thought $15/gb was bad.

Thanked by 2netomx doghouch
  • TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited March 2016

@jarland said:

Pretty sure his $50 includes voice and txt too.

EDIT: yep, didn't see the rest of his line.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

$15 usd unlilited calls and text to MX, US and CA, free roaming, 3gb data, unlimited facebook, twitter and whatsapp... :3

• I've actually heard great things about the speed and reliability of HostWinds from a former client. They were very happy. =)

• Wow. I thought it's too expensive here.

$14/mo for 55GB (50mbps down/25up)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @sambling said:
    I've actually heard great things about the speed and reliability of HostWinds from a former client. They were very happy. =)

Didn't you sell your business out to them?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

"We need to free some IP Space, how do we piss users off?"

Thanked by 2linuxthefish netomx
  • cociucociu Member

Neoon said: "We need to free some IP Space, how do we piss users off?"

true

• (Disclaimer: All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program. The following post may or may not contain such links)

As you can see on the following graphs, the migration from WeLoveServers⇋ to Hostwinds was noticeable. Disk speed has increased a lot, while CPU and network speed have decreased. Anyway, it doesn't matter: because of the huge price increase, I guess no one will renew. I certainly won't.

graphs

• NihimNihim Member

@jarland said:

my plan has 200MB / month and it is 5 euro / extra 300MB ;)

• 300 MB per month for around 1.3 Euros on mobile. Sigh !

• @qq7119 said:
    I believe there are many people like Hostwinds joke, please relax when it's like dog feces, like jokes

Rekt m8

• lazytlazyt Member

I usually don't have a problem figuring out posts,this one confused me.

lazyt said: I usually don't have a problem figuring out posts,this one confused me.

Apparently it's an impassioned plea to all of us to stay calm when encountering dog feces and, in such pungent circumstances, to relax.

You might be tempted to rant, shout, or react in anger, but the OP asks you to look at the bigger picture and consider how blessed you are.

It's actually kind of a beautiful sentiment.

Thanked by 2Ishaq Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2016

Gosh! I always went postal whenever I saw dog feces. I feel much more relaxed now. See! I even can post pictures containing dog feces and did not even puke doing it. That was completely easy, thank you so much!

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug

Amitz said: Gosh! I always went postal whenever I saw dog feces. I feel much more relaxed now. See! I even can post pictures containing dog feces and did not even puke doing it. That was completely easy, thank you so much!

I saw your picture but instead of the usual rage, I feel nothing but tranquil bliss inside.

• @netomx said:
    $15 usd unlilited calls and text to MX, US and CA, free roaming, 3gb data, unlimited facebook, twitter and whatsapp... :3

And I tought I was being robbed for paying 15$ for 6GB Data and unlimited everything

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I'm disappointed :(
    No one posted that pic.

• LowEndMemes

• samblingsambling Member
    edited March 2016

MSPNick said: Didn't you sell your business out to them?

>
    Yes- they were the buyer. Not sure how that makes a shared opinion of their service any less valid. I personally did not like the way they handled the purchase... and thus decided not to use them myself. I don't have an interest in their success at all. ;)

• hostingwizard_net said: I certainly won't.

>

What are you using for that monitoring/graphing?

• (Disclaimer: All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program. The following post may or may not contain such links)

@mitpatterson Custom php code for the data, Flotr2 for the graphs. The original page is here: http://www.hostingwizard.net/server.php?id=57

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@jarland said:

EDIT: Rip