Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dirt cheap windows VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dirt cheap windows VPS

Looking for a dirt cheap windows VPS without windows licence.
would kinda prefer to use windows 7 but if thats not possible, Windows server will do.
i am happy with EVAL.

Only thing i am going to do is to take RDP to other servers, surfing, etc.

i guess i would need around 768mb to 1gb RAM.

Any recommendations?
looking for sub 5$ plans.
if anything above 5$ i will go with wishosting

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS

Comments

• MridulMridul Member
    edited March 2016

HudosnValleyHost Offer 768 MB VPS.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • should be 99% uptime?

• @tenpera said:
    should be 99% uptime?

yeah that would be good

• Hvh is having a sale, sub 5 bucks possible.

• Layer03Layer03 Member, Host Rep

You prefer kvm or xen?

• i am having a bit hard time finding sub 5$ deal on Hvh..

• @Layer03 said:
    You prefer kvm or xen?

any really.. as i said most of the stuff i will do there would be RDP and Surfing

• @virmach and their specials is the closest you will get.

• TE?

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited March 2016

@ManofServer said:
    TE?

@DanteInverse said:
    any really.. as i said most of the stuff i will do there would be RDP and Surfing

• i think virmach comes with License included.. for 5.60$
    i guess its bit hard to find a windows VPS for around 1gb :\

• @DanteInverse said:
    i think virmach comes with License included.. for 5.60$

good luck getting not kicked out for TE(Traffic Exchange) @jarland @Ishaq

• Have you tried arubacloud?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

timnboys said: good luck getting not kicked out for TE(Traffic Exchange) @jarland @Ishaq

Nyah. He's asking for a cheap Windows VPS. If he was asking for 10...

Not everyone who has a cloud desktop is doing TE. He certainly might be, but doesn't fit the TE profile, either explicitly or obviously.

• @VPS_Unlimited said:
    Have you tried arubacloud?

ArubaCloud does not allow custom ISO or Windows on their 1 euro plan and their other plans are above OP's budget.

@DanteInverse said:

Have you tried Vultr? Download the Windows server 180 days ISO, add the virtio drivers in there and upload to Vultr, you are good to go. $5 a month for 768MB with worldwide locations. Should be more than enough for what you do.

• VPS_UnlimitedVPS_Unlimited Member
    edited March 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Have you tried Vultr? Download the Windows server 180 days ISO, add the virtio drivers in there and upload to Vultr, you are good to go. $5 a month for 768MB with worldwide locations. Should be more than enough for what you do.

Ahh..mb^^ thought they had this cheaper^^
    Well go with my fav hosting company then:
    Netcup :)
    100 mbits unmetered, 2gb ram, windows possible^^ 5€/mo

• tommytommy Member

@DanteInverse said:
    i think virmach comes with License included.. for 5.60$

Around your price yes, outside that many provider able to offer you.

These day people only care about price, after few day/week disappointed with services asking for refund and crying out loud here looking for justice

• Have you tried cheapwindowsvps, I think they have one for like $10. Its kinda hard to find one that is only $5 and be any good.

• @vladstafford said:
    Have you tried cheapwindowsvps, I think they have one for like $10. Its kinda hard to find one that is only $5 and be any good.

Don't.
    Default windows installation without any other software being installed will get you somewhere between 93% - 98% of CPU usage.
    Open a support ticket, they promised it won't happen again.. but within 24 hours it will definitely happen again.
    Mine is left idling.

• i am not running TE lol.
    i am just looking for alternative desktop.
    i kinda dont like my network admins to know my kinks and search stuff since i do freelancing from my office.. VPN is illegal in my org + my desk keeps moving now and then..

Preety sure they cant see whats inside my RDP traffic except for IP.

about vultr... thats what i am using it right now... i had 5$ credit.
    but for some reason i was not succesfull in making virtio ISO..
    does anyone have a ready made ISO of windows with them which they can share?

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

I do 1GB Ram , 50gb space , 1tb bw , Location : France/Canada/Germany $5/m .OS : Windows Trail .

• @RIYAD said:
    I do 1GB Ram , 50gb space , 1tb bw , Location : France/Canada/Germany $5/m .OS : Windows Trail .

Thanks!

• I think i have a good deal with IntenseVPS

https://lowendbox.com/blog/intensevps-windowslinux-768mb-ram-25gb-hd-1tb-bw-5m-in-netherlands/
    35$ a year is really good.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@DanteInverse said:
    I think i have a good deal with IntenseVPS

https://lowendbox.com/blog/intensevps-windowslinux-768mb-ram-25gb-hd-1tb-bw-5m-in-netherlands/
    35$ a year is really good.

Nice find.

• Have you checked winity.io? They may be running some deals

• lol nice find..

and winity.io has 12$ min plans

• bersybersy Member
    edited March 2016

If Russia (Moscow, Vladimir or Yekaterinburg) is OK, take a look at Inoventica Windows Hyper-V VPS. They offer 1GB RAM VPS for 250 RUB, that's equivalent to $3.7. I've never used them personally, but that's a fairly big, reputable and well-known company to my knowledge, so you are going to have to take your chances and check them out by yourself.

• @bersy said:
    If Russia (Moscow, Vladimir or Yekaterinburg) is OK, take a look at Inoventica Windows Hyper-V VPS. They offer 1GB RAM VPS for 250 RUB, that's equivalent to $3.7. I've never used them personally, but that's a fairly big, reputable and well-known company to my knowledge, so you are going to have to take your chances and check them out by yourself.

they sound like a deal, and since i would be paying monthly so what i would be losing is like 3$ so its fine