Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SecureDragon's DDoS "PROtection" Service.. Using it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SecureDragon's DDoS "PROtection" Service.. Using it?

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited February 2013 in General

Anyone using SecureDragon's DDoS protected VPS service?

http://ddosprotect.us

Know if this service was interrupted by recent router and other service snafus or if it is handled on other equipment?

Comments

• Thanks @Jack.

Any idea what the downtime is attributable to? Downtime and DDoS service are a jumbled concerned mess :)

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited February 2013

Edit: Nevermind. IP is elsewhere but servers are still at E Solutions.

• Curious since uptime is very important, or I'd just forego DDoS protection entirely.

Thanks for the input @Jack. Looks like a good service.

• Killer. I like @KuJoe lots. Just wasn't real aware of this service until today.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

The outage experienced earlier this year was caused by a BGP issue in E Solutions which our DDOS Protected IPs are not managed in E Solutions (we strictly use static routes with a GRE tunnel). The downtime the DDOS Protected IPs experienced were actual router issues while attempting to fix the BGP sessions. We've since switched all of our IPs over to static routes and have E Solutions handle all of our BGP.

Ideally we plan on moving our DDOS Protection to their own infrastructure, but at this time we are focusing on building up our new Denver location so we can start offering DDOS Protection there for much a lower latency than to FL.

• Title's so misleading...should change it to DDoS "Protection" service. :/

• @Victor said: should change it to DDoS "Protection" service. :/

Nah ;) It's a bit humorous each time I see the thread at the top of the list while lurking.

edited February 2013

Doh! They found us out!

/me deletes threads from HF.

:P

On a completely unrelated note... LoL.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • I fixed the title :) @Victor

Freud channeling some strange spirit in that mistype.

• @KuJoe said: The outage experienced earlier this year was caused by a BGP issue

Do you use BGP with BH(Black Hole)? Or just BGP

• @KuJoe said: Ideally we plan on moving our DDOS Protection to their own infrastructure, but at this time we are focusing on building up our new Denver location so we can start offering DDOS Protection there for much a lower latency than to FL.

Do you guys have a mailing list or something that I can sign up to? Id love to know when you guys get this up and running in Denver.

@MonsteR said: Do you use BGP with BH(Black Hole)? Or just BGP

We used BGP with BH, then just BGP, now neither. We are working on a final solution now but still waiting for some new routers to ship (they're on back order).

@m2e said: Do you guys have a mailing list or something that I can sign up to? Id love to know when you guys get this up and running in Denver.

We do not, I attempted this but just didn't have the time to do this. Twitter is probably the best bet if you don't want to setup RSS feeds for our announcements.

At this point we're in talks with our DDOS mitigation provider and are working out a plan to ship a server directly to them to offer our DDOS protected clients complete autonomy from our other clients and our network issues we've run into.

• That server with the DDOS mitigation provider will be good.

Will the service then be offered where they are geographically or where you node ends are (Denver and Tampa) or all of those locations?

@pubcrawler said: Will the service then be offered where they are geographically or where you node ends are (Denver and Tampa) or all of those locations?

It will be in the provider's DC using our IP space. We will have the ability to setup our own GRE tunnels for Denver/Tampa, but that defeats the purpose of putting the server there in the first place (except for our shared hosting clients that is).

• Ahh so protection at that point is all your locations + at the providers location? Just to totally clarify...

@pubcrawler said: Just to totally clarify...

We will be hosting all of our DDOS Protected VPSs at the provider's location and have the option to host them in Denver and Tampa later on if we want (but there is no advantage to this since you will be on an unprotected network/node and have the added latency).

• Thanks @KuJoe.

Have you tested latency on this model from the facility to other points? Understand it will be less since not big distance.

Interested in numbers you've seen for Denver and Vegas to the DDOS service location.