Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Showing our site as a provider in whoishosting this
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Showing our site as a provider in whoishosting this

hello need a help from you guys

how can i make my site appear as the provider if it is hosted in my server?

Eg: http://www.whoishostingthis.com/?q=lowendtalk.com

Do i have to register my Ip's some where?

Comments

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited March 2016

If you have your own IP space it shows on who's hosting this, but only when you lookup a site.

That site is really just a fake review site with affiliate links...

Thanked by 1sweatbar
  • the ip have to be registered in your name. Depends on the ip provider in your area, like our company ip shows us as providers because ip are set up to be owned by us by our regional organization, LACNIC. So find out who your regional ip provider is and you have to buy the ip space through them.

Thanked by 1sweatbar
  • @linuxthefish said:
    If you have your own IP space it shows on who's hosting this, but only when you lookup a site.

That site is really just a fake review site with affiliate links...

A couple of years ago I made a review and it got published, but that was a positive review though. They could handle negative reviews differnetly.

• I think if your provider supports/allows "SWIP" you can do this.

• @hostnoob said:
    I think if your provider supports/allows "SWIP" you can do this.

I dont think SWIP will work, you will need your own IP space.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

Having the IP space reassigned to you is usually enough, the ISP/provider will likely show the ASN the IPs are announced on which is the way Maxmind does it (most lookup websites seem to use their database) so you'd need your own ASN too with the IPs announced on it to be sure the IPs would show up as you and not your datacentre/provider too.

Thanked by 1sweatbar