Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Networting, KVM and SolusVM ugh
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Networting, KVM and SolusVM ugh

We're trying to run SolusVM on an OVH host with KVM. The Kernel and SolusVM (with KVM) are installed fine and running but we're running to a networking issue.

We're following https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/32361/installing-configuring-kvm-on-ovh-with-solusvm but no cigar.

We only have "connect: Network is unreachable" - What would you guys recommend at this point? Hmm

CentOS 7.6 by the way!

Comments

• are you referring to bridged or guest networking issue?

• @century1stop said:
    are you referring to bridged or guest networking issue?

It would be a bridged issue. We have a /28 subnet assigned for the servers but we're unable to get networking on the main ip and the /28

• If your server supports VRack I'd suggest using this, allows for normal native networking.

However if it does not can you provide us a copy of your network configuration files minus any private details (ips)

• you'll need to provide your eth0 and br0 files for troubleshooting

• @AshleyUk said:
    If your server supports VRack I'd suggest using this, allows for normal native networking.

However if it does not can you provide us a copy of your network configuration files minus any private details (ips)

Hmm, what difference will a vrack make?

• AshleyUk said: If your server supports VRack I'd suggest using this, allows for normal native networking.

Only if the order form decides it's going to work!

• I've assigned my server and the IPs to my vrack. I'm just waiting for the IPs to move over and then I'm gonna try internal networking see how far I can get! I'll keep you guys in the loop.

I'll be following this http://help.ovh.co.uk/vrack

• Looks like the vrack is being just as bad. Their documentation for 1.5 vrack is terrible too. Anybody have like a tutorial for it? Sorry, I just struggle with anything OVH lmao. I hope I'm not the only one haha

• @EpTicOfficial said:
    Looks like the vrack is being just as bad. Their documentation for 1.5 vrack is terrible too. Anybody have like a tutorial for it? Sorry, I just struggle with anything OVH lmao. I hope I'm not the only one haha

With VRACK you just need to create a normal bridge on the internal nic.

And then add an IP Pool in SVM with the details in the IP Subnet email under the VRACK section.

You need to give you bridge an internal IP.

If you can give us the contents of your network configuration can see where your going wrong.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Still having this issue?

• Your should remove them from vrack, vrack is only to have good connection from server 1 to server2, this if you do migrations, or databackup, else you may not need it, and go as normal the way they setup the ips for you:

10.10.10.224/27
    Network IP :10.10.10.224
    Broadcast IP :10.10.10.255
    Gateway IP :10.10.10.254
    Netmask :255.255.255.224

as long you use the configuration they provided, it should work fine, also you need to setup mac.

• @racksx said:
    Your should remove them from vrack, vrack is only to have good connection from server 1 to server2, this if you do migrations, or databackup, else you may not need it, and go as normal the way they setup the ips for you:

Nothing wrong with using VRack for it, it's exactly what its designed for, also will allow the OP to grow out to more servers and being able to share the /28 and other IP's they may purchase.

Also removes the need to worry about VMAC's for each IP or any other OVH specific network configuration, as their VRack allows you to use standard native networking.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • @AshleyUk said:
    Also removes the need to worry about VMAC's for each IP or any other OVH specific network configuration, as their VRack allows you to use standard native networking.

I try to use the vrack, all the network settings all that i was posible and reading etc.., and i was still unable to have my ips working, however i should give a try in the future again.

• TPATPA Member

Do you have mac addresses set for each IP? I know I had this issue in the past.

• Thanks to AshleyUK we were able to fix it! We're using OVH's vrack which is actually working perfecly! Thank you Ashley and everybody to commented! :)