Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHCMS Handle DOMAIN pricing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHCMS Handle DOMAIN pricing

Just wanted to discuss how (if anyone does) handle management of TLD products and prices. I know that various registrar's have api/whcms modules etc

Dealing with the traditional TLD (net/com/org) is obviously pretty easy to handle manually...

Dealing with the 'rest' and 1/2/3 years etc will be a monumental task if manually is the only way it can be done.

I see many LEB/LET providers DONT seem to offer domains (not paid anyway) so assume most are just using registrar's as needed?

Any ideas or suggestions for this?

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

It's all manual. Besides, the community all buy domains from non-LE providers. For example, I can buy a domain for $0.99@ NameCheap's BF/CB promotion. Why would I buy from someone like you? Can you compete with others like NameSilo when there aren't any other promotions going around?

Just do the community a favour. Don't start selling domains. (well, you can try on WHT, but not here)

• Most people only buy from accredited registrars.

• I don't have intentions to sell domains. How could most of us ever compete with the big registrars.

Ever attempting to manage even a small TLD domain price list via WHCMS would be a 'fools errand' I also suspect that it opens up huge legal liability too.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@masterqqq said:
    Most people only buy from accredited registrars.

You can be an accredited registrar, run WHMCS/Hostbill and be present on LET, we are for example (.UK Accredited)

But I agree, it's an extremely competitive market. We provide domain services more like an addon for Customers who do want to have it under one roof and are quite happy to pay for it. Then again we are not a typical LET/LEB host and we mainly cater to slightly different audience in general.

Thanked by 1apidevlab
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Clouvider said: But I agree, it's an extremely competitive market. We provide domain services more like an addon for Customers who do want to have it under one roof and are quite happy to pay for it. Then again we are not a typical LET/LEB host and we mainly cater to slightly different audience in general.

Same, I actually even go as far as suggesting they order direct from a cheaper registrar when answering questions, some insist on having everything in 1 place which is fine.

I do wish there was just an enom module that auto populated whmcs with all available tld's and just let me set a % markup though.

• There's a module for ResellerClub that does that, I guess no one developed one for Enom yet

Thanked by 1apidevlab
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

zafouhar said: There's a module for ResellerClub that does that, I guess no one developed one for Enom yet

Thanks, I will probably switch then, for the hassle of maintaining the tld's manually its just not worth my time.

• apidevlabapidevlab Member
    edited March 2016

@zafouhar said:
    There's a module for ResellerClub that does that, I guess no one developed one for Enom yet

I have the ResellerClub modules but have never got around to using them, it's hard enough managing RC as is but I think it's a worthwhile effort as they offer pretty reasonable prices and have fairly regular promos. The Knowledge base available is rather handy too, especially when looking at registration requirements for the more exotic TLD and the new 'cashcow' registrars.

I generally cover the cost of domains in the overall services I offer, it's amazing how many people get wrapped on 'name spinning' once they get an idea in their head. It's a great way to up sell other services and keep them coming back (in a business sense)