Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got a present from Delimiter...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Got a present from Delimiter...

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member

Well, it worked again...
    Congrats anyway - that GIF story was very funny! :-)

• Enjoy :)

Thanked by 1TheLonely
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 2016

The funny thing is that I'm at home but my wife & kids are gone and my car is in the shop, so I'm trapped here. And no one went to the store.

I will be eating popcorn and poptarts as survival rations this afternoon.

LowEndPostApocalypticScenario.

• Can I become a mod on LET so I can get a present too please.

• FalzoFalzo Member

waiting for the day that LET is owned by delimiter rather than CC...

@jbiloh should react soon ;-)

Thanked by 2Junkless netomx
  • The bribery is real didn't Jarland get one also.

• IshaqIshaq Member

CrusialLG said: The bribery is real didn't Jarland get one also.

GTFO.

• CrusialLG said: The bribery is real didn't Jarland get one also.

Raindog308 won an open competition, anyone could enter. Don't misread having fun with bribery.

Jarland has been a long term customer of Delimiter and has referred a lot of business to us. His popcorn package was just a thank you for that as we don't have an affiliates programme.

Thanked by 2jar gestiondbi
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Although y'all have no reason to believe me, it'd take more than a box of popcorn to subvert my moderating.

I honestly don't have a big pro or con view of Delimiter. I like their el cheapo blade offerings, though I've never been a customer. Just have not needed it.

While I did rib them a big about HVAC, to be fair one of my favorite providers (BuyVM) had a huge power issue a few years ago and lost a bunch of peoples' VMs. It happens. I would scream to the mountains if this was Azure or WiredTree. But when people are selling stuff for ridiculously low prices, you can't expect cadillac service. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't join in drama threads...it's LET...

I will say this gives me a more positive impression of @mikeyur because this kind of thing makes the community more fun.

Now let's say I was completely seduced by a box of popcorn and wanted to do everything in my power to make Delimiter a rip roaring success. What, as a moderator, could I do? Nothing. If Delimiter started posting threads or offers that broke the rules, either (a) another mod would fire the laser, or (b) if no one did, the community would scream.

Really, a mod's power is just to clean up messes - spammy posts, people who break rules, etc. We've got some power to stop the bad, but not much to promote the good, so I wouldn't worry that a little corn and palm oil is going to turn me into a Delimiter fanboy.

Thanked by 2netomx jamson
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@raindog308 said:

no need to justify. makes you look guilty, haha ;-)

I want a care package too (-:

maybe I can make @traffic for delimiter website. debian.

Thanked by 1raindog308