Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM down?

Bubka3Bubka3 Member
edited February 2013 in Providers

Is BuyVM down? I can't access it or my VPS.

Comments

• it would appear so

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited February 2013

Looks like it was a blip.. but buyvm.net is still down.

• buyvmstatus.com shows what looks like a big outage in LV. Probably a network or power thing, since about half the servers went down at once.

• Looks to be back now.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

That was me, sorry.

I was debugging why we had a really high interrupt rate and I guess I tripped something it didn't like getting tripped.

Reboot later, things are cleaned up and I figured out why it broke.

Francisco

• :) That was quick.

• Manage is still borked.

Manage'd isn't, filtered IP's are for another minute.

Francisco

• Seems just network interrupt, my VPS has not been shutdown

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I installed Windows, iTunes, then purchased every Justin Bieber album. You think that did it?

• @Francisco said: Manage'd isn't, filtered IP's are for another minute.

Ah, that explains why. Thanks

• @jarland said: then purchased every Justin Bieber album

You did what!!

• Are you looking at the actual router having a high interrupt rate or a network wide issue? just trying to see if some of the issue we have had at fiberhub is what your talking about.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited February 2013

Damn @jarland again funking up a network. Probably littering the storage with that evil shite. You are a strange redneck @jarland.

@24khost said: Are you looking at the actual router having a high interrupt rate or a network wide issue?

Remember we use a software router so interrupt rates were on the cpu's themselves.

Normally we sit at < 10% or so due to LACP and 1 - 2 loads on the CPU (also due to LACP).

We were 20%+ interrupt rate and 4+ loads.

I found where the issue was and removed the offending kernel modules. US VPN is broken for the next hour or so while I move it onto a different setup.

Francisco

• @jarland said: I installed Windows, iTunes, then purchased every Justin Bieber album. You think that did it?

At least some fun on a serious thing

• @Francisco - how is the Noction doing @ Fiberhub?

the what?

• @Francisco said: the what?

The Intelligent Routing Platform they put in a few months ago.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said: the what?

www.noction.com

It probably isn't doing much, nor will until they get abovenet in place.

I've had no real route issues short of some bad paths into asia on HE.

I'm excited about abovenet :)

Francisco

• It seems like NY is better than LV so far. ;)

@Jeffrey said: It seems like NY is better than LV so far. ;)

Both are good spots. LV didn't cause this issue :P I've broken the router in NY once in December as well during the upgrades I did.

LV will have some upgrades at the end of the month to the network but those will take me about 5 minutes to pull the box offline, install the line card and spin it back up.

Francisco

• @Francisco Great to hear! I purchased a $15/Year VPS in NY in December and I am absolutely loving it! The network is very fast, and the node is very stable. However, I am having FTP issues with my VPS, not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or there's an issue on your end?

Log a ticket and I'll check into it for you :) Be sure to given permission for us to login to your VPS. We don't need your password since we can just vzctl enter it, but we want written permission for moral reasons :P

We aren't firewalling or anything in NY short of required nullroutes.

Francisco