Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[FREE] Limited amount of website jobs for serious projects (building portfolio)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[FREE] Limited amount of website jobs for serious projects (building portfolio)

MitchellMitchell Member
edited February 2013 in General

Dear LET members,

My company is working on building the foundation of its webdesign portfolio. Tell us about your project and we will consider a spot for you.

We will continue to maintain your website for free for at least a year. We will start working on projects on Monday, we won't take spots at that point anymore.

Spots aren't taken in the usual "First serve, first come" basis, but instead based on chance of success and some other (minor) factors. There are only a limited amount of spots.

Have a nice day.

Comments

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Hmmmmm maybe you want to try redesign Rage4 DNS website (http://rage4.com)?

• That would be good @gbshouse :) Not that I dislike your service. But dressing it up is the next step.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@pubcrawler - yeah I know but we are busy with proper stuff :)

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited February 2013

@Mitchell I might have something for you as well. Could you please PM me your email?

• I don't care about design like others here @gbshouse. But it makes a good wrapper and is the public launch style approach.

You folks do good with the technical side :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I have a serious project which you could have a try on designing for. I will PM you soon. :)

• I pm'd you.

• How about a prestashop theme?

• @24khost said: How about a prestashop theme?

That looks like a very nice system, I will look at it this weekend. Are you interested yourself?

• @Mitchell actually yes. Look at birchtreelane.com and then you can see why.

• @Mitchell said: That looks like a very nice system, I will look at it this weekend. Are you interested yourself?

I vote for opencart :P

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited February 2013

@ztec I really like prestashop, and it seems to be lighter than alot of the other carts out there. There is constantly work being done on prestashop and constant debugging with a large community.

Plus with over 11,000 items not going to be changing systems for a while.

• PM'd you.

• PMd

• @24khost said: @ztec I really like prestashop, and it seems to be lighter than alot of the other carts out there. There is constantly work being done on prestashop and constant debugging with a large community.

Plus with over 11,000 items not going to be changing systems for a while.

I have prestashop webshops and opencart, migration isn't that hard. There's nothing wrong with both but lately I've been more into opencart because of the better payment modules in my country.

• I don't expect this to be done, but I am currently in the process of creating a tech collective/social justice project.

Basically the project revolves around providing internet based services for activists worldwide, mainly VPNs and Web Hosting.

I was hoping for a simple website with a ticket system.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2013

Anyone else get bait & switched? Or was it just me?

Not accusing OP of bad intentions.

• @darknyan said: Anyone else get bait & switched? Or was it just me?

No sir, too bad you were one of the few people where we had no interest in to be in our portfolio. We offered paid services to you and one other that had applied. Only one was rejected regarding lack of vision from our side (and future expectations).

The reason we didn't have interest in your project is mainly the coding (thus time) it would involve, which ordinary people won't be able to see.

There are no guarantees that jobs are taken for this free promo. We have limited amount of time to work on these websites. We can only give website jobs priority, no guarantees that we will have time for it.

• I am setting up a niche classifieds site similar to craigslist, using OSclass as the foundation. The default OSclass templates don't offer the kind of experience I am shooting for, however. If you would be interested in doing an OSclass theme (based on Twitter's Bootstrap), please let me know!

• alexalex Member
    edited February 2013

@darknyan said: Anyone else get bait & switched?

feels like it

• PM'd

• @revnja said: If you would be interested in doing an OSclass theme

I am sorry but we only work from scratch and with Smarty based templating systems

• MitchellMitchell Member
    edited February 2013

Nevermind.

• @Mitchell let me know if your interested, as prestashop is smarty based.

• @alex said: feels like it

We rejected your idea as we thought it won't last long and thus not be worth being in our portfolio. We didn't propose you any paid services either, so please explain to everyone why you feel like you got "bait and switched"?

• PMed.

• Still available?

• @NHRoel said: Still available?

Nope.

I don't think anyone got it.

Just a way to offer a paid service.

• Don't mind paying if the price and quality is right :)

• @Jack go for it :)