Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBill Monthly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBill Monthly

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in General

Somebody here was providing VPS that could add on a monthly license of HostBill. I searched but couldn't find it. Thanks.

Comments

• As far as i know they teriminated all Resellers and not offer monthly anymore

• Are you authorized to re-sell HostBill licence tho?

• @Victor said: Are you authorized to re-sell HostBill licence tho?

Yes sir. Internal network only and currently working on an external agreement.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Ordered a VPS from @NickO I'm excited!

• edited February 2013

@shovenose said: Ordered a VPS from @NickO I'm excited!

Won't be disapointed. I've got a RaxWeb VPS with Hostbill for some testing, it's solid.

EDIT: And HostBill is great.

• @MannDude said: Won't be disapointed. I've got a RaxWeb VPS with Hostbill for some testing, it's solid.

@shovenose said: Ordered a VPS from @NickO I'm excited!

Sounds good!

• ztecztec Member
    edited February 2013

Does anyone use HostBill just as a freelancer?

PLUS

Are there any cool LEB offers with RaxWeb?

• @ztec said: Are there any cool LEB offers with RaxWeb?

Nothing at the moment :(
    Send us a message or come on Live Chat and we may be able to sort something out.

• @NickO still offering it? I recall it being killed by HB.

Anyone else offering internal hostbill monthly?

• I'm interested in a VPS - is it included in the price or is it an add-on? @nickO

• @BronzeByte said: @NickO still offering it? I recall it being killed by HB.

Anyone else offering internal hostbill monthly?

I've looked everywhere and the monthly license appears to have been killed for everyone. It's a shame as its a good deal.

• @jbxl
    Within the last 2 weeks?

• Within the last 2 weeks?

Yes, it changed on 2013/2/8

• @jbxl said: I've looked everywhere and the monthly license appears to have been killed for everyone. It's a shame as its a good deal.

I still have an $8/mo license =P

But yeah, they recently increased their pricing though. It sucks, however, as I can not get any direct support. I can't even use their F-in community forums other than ask 'Pre-Sales' questions. I love HB, it looks really nice and for what I am going to use it for it'll be awesome. I understand not being able to get direct support as I am not the direct owner of the license, but I should still be able to get community support. Blah.

• $300 is a big investment for most people and usually switching billing systems is a pain

• @mitchell
    I'd say the $199 investment was quite a leap for newcomers let alone $300 now- and there support for migration from WHMCS to HB was crappy for anybody looking to switch.

• MitchellMitchell Member
    edited February 2013

@OSACOM said: I'd say the $199 investment was quite a leap for newcomers let alone $300 now- and there support for migration from WHMCS to HB was crappy for anybody looking to switch.

Exactly, and isn't much on the long term but you can't use something else until you have the money, only a loan or just an investment would cover it.

• Let alone being able to test it before hand :P

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2013

^major concern, need to try before you dish out $300

I should have kept our non branded HB license, would have gotten a lot more now :x

• I'm glad I got a monthly license before they cut off the program.

• I MAY have a spare license. Can do it for $15/month but I'll need to double check when I get home.

Has to be on a VPS in LA or Phoenix.

• @NickO said: I MAY have a spare license. Can do it for $15/month but I'll need to double check when I get home.

Has to be on a VPS in LA or Phoenix

Dibs

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited February 2013

I did have HostBill for a short period of time back when the owned license was $199. After two weeks of working with it internally I listed all the shortcomings in a support ticket and asked for my money back. Sure there was some eye candy, but I plan on writing some useful modules for other hosting providers and make a living from that. There is no ecosystem for that with HostBill. It is buggy at times and new releases bring new features and new issues. At $199 it was a though sell, but at $299 it's tough to swallow. They can keep it. I like my owned WHMCS license plus the extra Dev license I got with it.