Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Availability Provider (EU)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Availability Provider (EU)

frkfrk Member
edited March 2016 in General

Hello,

in your experience are there providers that you can recommend for very high availability? I don't have high requirements for either bandwith, cpu, ram or disk space (50gb per month, 1 vcore, 256mb ram and 5gb disk would be enough) but I need high availability (the server would function as cheap remote proxy as in returning the address of a server best suited for further communication, some cheap kind of fail-over).

I have VPS with OVH but they tend to have reboots or sometimes some hours with connection loss which is not ideal.

Which provider can you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

perhaps you can consider something like http://buyvm.net/anycast-vps/

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited March 2016

I would say Clouvider on their Cloud HA platform. Dominik @Clouvider

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for mentioning @AlexBarakov!

@frk happy to help!

Have a look at our latest, albeit a bit dusty LET offer. It fits your requirements. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/65603/clouvider-special-uk-london-cloud-vps-from-4-50-and-dedicated-servers-from-just-19-99/p1

If you have any questions or special requirements I'm known for responding to PMs 24/7 ;-).

• Budget? Dediserve can be an excellent option.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello @frk,

We are in the business since 1998 and have some customers here on LET.

How may i help you ?

You can have a look to our cloud platform that might meet your needs.

Locations available in EU : France, Germany, Netherlands

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

Take 3+ lowendspirit servers for a year it will cost you €9 p/year

Build your own fail over in and you have 3 point HA.

Ant. :)

• +1 to clouvider. Outstanding provider! Top support, network and hardware.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

Thanks @BradND !

• AnthonySmith said: Take 3+ lowendspirit servers for a year it will cost you €9 p/year

Build your own fail over in and you have 3 point HA.

What kind of fail-over would be possible with such a setup? Round robin? (poor main fail over) anything more sophisticated could be done?

• @info_hash said:
    What kind of fail-over would be possible with such a setup? Round robin? (poor main fail over) anything more sophisticated could be done?

interested as well

• Check the LES forum. There's an interesting post somewhere regarding a HA setup.

• @Saragoldfarb said:
    Check the LES forum. There's an interesting post somewhere regarding a HA setup.

I can't find it.

• Clouvider takes HA super serious, he's your guy!

Thanked by 1Clouvider

linuxthefish said: Clouvider takes HA super serious, he's your guy!

Thanks @linuxthefish!

• @sandro said:
    I can't find it.

It's right here. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but most definitely an interesting read. Tried a similar setup myself resulting in 100% uptime in a two year timespan.

Thanked by 2sandro info_hash
  • info_hashinfo_hash Member
    edited March 2016

Saragoldfarb said: Tried a similar setup myself resulting in 100% uptime in a two year timespan.

Nice, IT-LES-HAPROXY & US-LES-HAPROXY can handle two IPs so that both redirects to the right node if one if offline? If so couldn't it be made more simple using both LES HAPROXY an redirectling directly to VPSes where the site is hosted?

The problem I see is that if CloudFlare redirects because of the round robin to the two HAPROXY provided by LES - if one of those do down (as they are on the same machine as the VPSes, it's as likely as a VPS going down!) and if cloudflare redirects your visitor to this one, the site is down, isn't it?