Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

time4vps.eyu not loyal to the service user
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

time4vps.eyu not loyal to the service user

I use the service from time4vps, place the site on the server 4 - 2 Joomla, wordpress 1 and 1 store.
Some of my sites hacked and downloaded a spam mailer to the server. Administration wrote a ticket, that is sending spam from the server and my server is blocked! They did not even give me a chance to understand the situation, to clean the sites and will replace all the passwords, to avoid sending. Just blocked! now all my projects do not work! On the tickets do not respond. That kind of attitude to the customer ...

Comments

• Not to sound like a dick, but it's the users responsibility to backup their data and manage their infrastructure. If you get hacked from a bad theme or plugin and malicious activity takes place afterwards, then sorry but you're at fault.

Yes some providers are more caring and will deactivate your VPS until the issue is resolved. But they're not your babysitter. When spam is being sent from the server, it's grounds for termination whether you're hacked or not.

Consider this a lesson learnt. Keep backups as often as you can, and keep everything up to date.

(In case your VPS is just deactivated and Time4VPS hasn't responded yet... Just wait, they're not the quickest at replying as others have mentioned).

Thanked by 1Bochi
  • Can you not SSH into the server even?

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited March 2016

Can you PM me the domains? I have a feeling it's one of the ones I reported this morning GMT+10 :) Will be super proud of time4vps if it is!

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Hello Andrey,

Contact us via ticket system regarding your issue. If you are willing to resolve it - we are here to help you.

Thanked by 2MikePT Andrey11
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@time4vps said:
    Hello Andrey,

Contact us via ticket system regarding your issue. If you are willing to resolve it - we are here to help you.

Hmmm but you did not reply to my thread here, and got several active VPS... Why? :(

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2016

@MrGeneral said:
    Hmmm but you did not reply to my thread here, and got several active VPS... Why? :(

LET isn't a help desk, you should never expect a reply here. Raise a ticket, then shame her if it gets ignored. Gotta follow the protocols, dood.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    LET isn't a help desk, you should never expect a reply here. Raise a ticket, then shame her if it gets ignored. Gotta follow the protocols, dood.

Ok, I love you btw.... <3

• cociucociu Member

MrGeneral said: Ok, I love you btw.... <3

Please wait your turn !

Thanked by 1Riz
  • @Ole_Juul said:
    Can you not SSH into the server even?

no

@time4vps said:

OK. All good! server active and i removed all malicious scripts via https://revisium.com/en/home/ utility and completely remove one site, it will be knitted to make from scratch on WordPress, thank you for your cooperation! I'll follow the site carefully and change all passwords on the admin panel

• Watch those Wordpress plugings. Though you might want to look at wordfence.

• tommytommy Member

Funny thread

• @Andrey11 said:
    OK. All good! server active and i removed all malicious scripts via https://revisium.com/en/home/ utility and completely remove one site, it will be knitted to make from scratch on WordPress, thank you for your cooperation! I'll follow the site carefully and change all passwords on the admin panel

Personally I would have completely wiped the server, reinstalled and just restored data.

Each to their own but don't blame time4vps if it gets hacked again

Thanked by 2vimalware Andrey11