Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online backup justCloud.com anyone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online backup justCloud.com anyone?

PatsPats Member
edited February 2013 in General

found this online backup sol. JustCloud.com - anyone heard or used it?
Down the page they have a secret link of 35% discount. But their best rates come on 2years prepay :(

They support linux also!!

Their Free account is whooping 15MB !! What to test even @Damian gave 2GB on the 32mb leb :P

Comments

• dropbox supports linux
    use it

• after discount it comes to around $5+/month for Unlimited storage

• @gubbyte said: dropbox supports linux

use it

Agreed. Another option that I currently use on my linux desktops is CrashPlan. It has saved my @ss several times in the past

• @gubbyte yeah i know dropbox, but i'm looking for at least 500GB online backup space.. And i have to drop too much to get that box :P

• @Pats said: 500GB

you sure must like taking pictures

• go backblaze.com or crashplan.com

• Why not just host your own OwnCloud?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I'd have to agree with @concerto49 hosting your own would be a good idea as well.

• @concerto49 said: Why not just host your own OwnCloud?

@Fliphost said: I'd have to agree with @concerto49 hosting your own would be a good idea as well.

#yolo amirite heuaheuhsuehsue

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

OK, I have used JustCloud. So here goes...

It is horrible. MyPCBackup and like four other companies make this ring of lousy services.
    Shady billing practices, poor quality service, absolutely retarded customer service, lies, etc.

• @shovenose said: It is a fudging of a motha bacon scam.

Id buy services from you...

/cough

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@David_P I simply gave my opinion based on personal experience. But fine, edited.

• @concerto49 i was looking for some cheap alternative backup like the $29/year pogoplug online Unlimited storage i got. Realised it didn't support linux, so did a pass-thru to my windows server.

@gubbyte what language u spoke? Google translate cursed me :P

• @shovenose Thanks, i also doubted them thats why i asked. On the 35% discount page, i closed the browser and immediately alert for special discount came, with chat link. Clicked that and found discount 50%... Again tried to close and again now discount 70%. I tried again, thought i'd get 100% now but :(

:)

• @Pats said: $5+/month for Unlimited storage

You know there isn't such a thing as "unlimited" As all that would happen if you use to much they would suspend you end of, You might as wells get a good provider from LET/LEB other the "Unlimited" Plans.

• Dodgy company that is often re-branded.
    Default paid accounts don't support files over 1GB. Upgrade to 5GB per file possible for 20 bucks an year extra.

• PatsPats Member
    edited February 2013

ahh.. Backblaze.com had $25/year offer few months back :(

• JustCloud is a good company because it is economical so it make sense to invest in it. However, i don't think that it is specifically for the purpose of backup. It is mainly a cloud storage company but cloud backup is an additional feature which they are offering. I prefer Crashplan and Carbonite for online backup. Both of them are good. Another option which you can explore is; MyPCBackup. It's good and economical too...

More online backup options; http://www.cloudreviews.com/blog/best-online-backup

@Pats Nice suggestion!