Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone just opened a support ticket
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Someone just opened a support ticket

and wants to buy my web hosting company.
Don't know if this is a joke or what. Says wants more details about my company and how much money I want for it. Should I be careful about something when replying to this guy?
Maybe this is someone who is just looking to grab some inside information from me so he can copy my business model.

Is it usual or unusual to receive such offers in support dashboard? I received a similar message from a different email address last month too but I deleted it. I don't even know how much my business is worth. How should I proceed?

And the most important part >>>> HOW TO VALUATE MY BUSINESS?(DETERMINE ITS WORTH)

Comments

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

It very depends.

Usually, in this industry, when you want to buy a company you set up a meeting with the Director(s) and discuss face-to-face.

What's your hosting company ?

• @Andreix said:
    It very depends.

On what?

Usually, in this industry, when you want to buy a company you set up a meeting with the Director(s) and discuss face-to-face.

My business is not even registered. But I have been around selling shared hosting for a few years. There are no directors only me. But there are a few hundred clients.

What's your hosting company ?

Don't want to share that information here.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Given how saturated and casual the shared hosting market is, I don't find it terribly shocking. I'd do some research on them from what you have and if you find nothing of value or bad reviews, I'd probably walk away.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Ignore it, normally they just want the domain name to redirect to their own site.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I get people come on live chat and ask that like twice a month (most recent being last night, do you remember the guys name?)

• If you have free time, I would send them false tickets and screw with them, but again, you could just ignore it...

• I would just delete the ticket and blacklist the account. And move on.

• What was the name of the guy did it end in Nguyen?

• WHTWHT Member
    edited March 2016
    1. Just call him on whats up or viber.
    2. Your yearly NET win X 2 = thats the worth of your business.
    3. If it comes to the deal use escrow.com and RECORD the process when you push the domain.
  • @WHT said:
    1. Just call him on whats up or viber.
    2. Your yearly NET win X 2 = thats the worth of your business.
    3. If it comes to the deal use escrow.com and RECORD the process when you push the domain.

How did you come up with the profit * 2 business thing? Is that how you really determine value?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@doghouch said:
    How did you come up with the profit * 2 business thing? Is that how you really determine value?

Using the wrong method obviously. Value is defined by mood. Just ask Donald Trump. He's successful, because he says so, and he should know.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/21/news/companies/donald_trump/

• Ah weird I've been getting such emails aswell, either its a coincidence or someone is spamming lol.

• WHTWHT Member

@doghouch said:

Thats the value what buyers on flippa pays.
    1 year profit X 1 for mid quality sites.
    1 year profit X 2 for quality sites.

Sometimes goes X 50 :)

• Sell the company then ask your father for a small loan of a million dollars, that should do it.

Thanked by 2doghouch trewq
  • Up like Donald Trump.

• This looks as much like spam as any other spam. Using the ticket system is cute though.

• doghouch said: 2. Your yearly NET win X 2 = thats the worth of your business.

Then twitter is a negative worth company and not worth billions

• Just simply ask for personal documents and verifications... And he will not even reply

• @ez2uk said:
    Then twitter is a negative worth company and not worth billions

Twitter has a bazillion of users. Userbase is worth a shitload. Are you saying the sites on Flippa have a bazillion users? :)

• Yes, @ez2uk's comment seems a bit odd.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2016

jarland said: Value is defined by mood. Just ask Donald Trump. He's successful, because he says so, and he should know.

Trump is god's hand in america. It is said that when God wants to destroy someone, first, takes their judgement. US lost it long ago, they just didnt find out yet, because they choose to break the mirror when didnt like the reflection.

• @Maounique This is getting way of topic but you'll really like this. Make Donald Drumph again:

• Maounique said: they choose to break the mirror when didnt like the reflection.

Saved for later, that's a new one!

• just proving that what @WHT said isn't a logical way to calculate the value of a company. ended up quoting @doghouch 's comment though.

Even then I am surprised the post wasn't understood as it was the correct phrase I've quoted apart from quoting a different poster