Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BIND fail - Virtualmin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BIND fail - Virtualmin

emre22emre22 Member
edited March 2016 in Help

Hey guys,

yesterday night was bind running, but today is one of my sites down and the rest are running. As I can see is Bind the problem, but when I try to run it I get this error:

Failed to start service : Failed to start BIND : Starting named: Error in named configuration: zone localhost.localdomain/IN: loaded serial 0 zone localhost/IN: loaded serial 0 zone 1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.ip6.arpa/IN: loaded serial 0 zone 1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa/IN: loaded serial 0 zone 0.in-addr.arpa/IN: loaded serial 0 zone domain1.tv/IN: NS 'ns1.domain1.tv' has no address records (A or AAAA) zone domain1.tv/IN: not loaded due to errors. _default/domain1.tv/IN: bad zone zone domain2.com/IN: NS 'ns1.domain2.com' has no address records (A or AAAA) zone domain2.com/IN: not loaded due to errors. _default/domain2.com/IN: bad zone zone domain3.su/IN: loaded serial 1457050177 zone domain4.net/IN: NS 'ns1.domain4.net' has no address records (A or AAAA) zone domain4.net/IN: NS 'ns2.domain4.net' has no address records (A or AAAA) zone domain4.net/IN: not loaded due to errors. _default/domain4.net/IN: bad zone zone domain5.com/IN: loaded serial 1457050245 [FAILED]

I dont know what happened, everything was running fine until last night.

can you please help me how to fix that?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2016

Sounds like the syntax in one or more of your zones are broken. Check the zone files for the referenced domains. Look closely, the errors tell you which lines are bad.

Thanked by 1emre22
  • emreemre Member, LIR

lol @emre22 , I have got an impersonator.. Nice :D

Thanked by 1emre22
  • wonder how bind worked initially w/o A records?

Thanked by 1emre22

@century1stop said:
    wonder how bind worked initially w/o A records?

If memory serves, sometimes it will hold the old record while refusing to reload the zones because of the errors, still responding with old zones, until you're forced to restart bind altogether and then it fails because it always reloads the zones on service restart.

Memory value is less than it was, since I don't troubleshoot bind every day anymore.

Thanked by 1emre22
  • @emre said:
    lol emre22 , I have got an impersonator.. Nice :D

Pm.me for offtopic.

@jarland said:
    Sounds like the syntax in one or more of your zones are broken. Check the zone files for the referenced domains. Look closely, the errors tell you which lines are bad.

I did, but I couldnt notice anything wrong :/
    Can I post them and you will have a look?

Dayyyum it was all everything working

• @century1stop said:
    wonder how bind worked initially w/o A records?

I have A records, but only 1 domain isnt working anymore, the others are still working.. Bind stopped though.

• that's what I was thinking, shouldn't have worked at all if records were not in place from the beginning. if it worked back then, don't matter old or new record, it should work now, bind doesn't break for no reason.

can you ping IP for that domain?

• Nope, unkown host ..

• guess your IP's been kidnapped :D

Thanked by 1emre22
  • @century1stop said:
    guess your IP's been kidnapped :D

Lol, how can I solve it?

@emre22 said:
    Nope, unkown host ..

Most likely means that you're pinging the hostname and not the IP. Also, likely unknown host because your DNS server is down.

You need to correct the issues with the zone files as specified in the error that you originally pasted, then restart bind. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, or don't have someone that can do it for you, I would recommend using an external DNS host like CloudFlare.

Thanked by 2emre22 century1stop
  • But now its redirecting to the namesilo parking page with cloudflare, wtf did I wrong

Just change the DNS at CloudFlare to point to the IP of your server that houses the website.

Thanked by 1emre22
  • @jarland said:
    Just change the DNS at CloudFlare to point to the IP of your server that houses the website.

Unbelievable it works. It fucking works!!!111

Thank you sooo muuuch. Dankschön, multumesc, tesekkür ederim, merci, shukran, ... :* (nohomo)