Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxy registration allowed provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxy registration allowed provider

Hello, please any budget server provider who

• allow client to use proxy during registration and do not use maxmind antifraud (it usually flag fraud when IP is in different country than profile country)

• do not need scanned documents

• accept bitcoin

? Thank You

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Wow, can't imagine what you're going to do with this server...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

WHT said: Try buyshared.

Good banter bro.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Any provider that doesn't scan their orders for fraud is a fool

Thanked by 2doghouch WebProject
  • GCatGCat Member

I will offer this and not scan your order. Do note that we give all the passwords and hard coded backdoor to the FBI

• @GCat said:
    I will offer this and not scan your order. Do note that we give all the passwords and hard coded backdoor to the FBI

Amen.

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    Any provider that doesn't scan their orders for fraud is a fool

why, mind explaining that please?

@GCat said:
    we give all the passwords and hard coded backdoor to the FBI

what is hard coded backdoor?

edited March 2016

postcd said: why, mind explaining that please?

Sure.

Say I sell a vps for $7 per month. That is the amount you pay me, but the amount of that is actually profit is $7 - gateway fees - server costs - other costs. It generally isn't a whole lot.

Many fraud orders involve spam. So if I have one person that signs up and I don't check them they could very easily send millions of spam emails out before I can stop them (assuming something like nodewatch isn't installed). This costs time and money to cleanup. So I shut them down and they decide to charge back the payment. At paypal, you are charged a $25 fee just for receiving a chargeback. It does not matter if you win or lose. So right off the bat I lost 3-4 times the cost of the VPS in revenue for just a single order going through that was not checked.

Then there are others that charge back multiple payments and that just increases loss even more. That is just one example, but there are so many things that can harm a provider just by letting a fraud order through it is foolish to not check signups for fraud.

Thanked by 2netomx ucxo
  • blackblack Member

Awmusic12635 said: Then there are others that charge back multiple payments and that just increases loss even more.

This. It's too much of a headache and a lot of risk for little reward.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Awmusic12635 said: postcd said: why, mind explaining that please?

You also missed another one. Even if the customer initially signs up with bitcoin, future payments aren't fraud checked meaning someone could pickup the cheapest plan to gain your trust and then blow your account up with hundreds in funds from stolen CC's.

I don't know why WHMCS skips all future signups from fraud checks, at the very least they should have it as a toggle.

Francisco

edited March 2016

Francisco said: I don't know why WHMCS skips all future signups from fraud checks, at the very least they should have it as a toggle.

They do

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s64/sh/e98a0ec4-75a0-4346-a5a2-b1bb68742ce5/11e9a52d58deb4631a89b60ce280ac48

Settings -> Ordering

• Four20Four20 Member
    edited March 2016

Yeah, all HF hosting providers do.

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Settings -> Ordering

Neat, but not exactly.

It's still only checking at order time, not on payments, meaning someone could signup with BTC, clear, and then renew the service with a stolen CC. It sounds wacky but we've seen it happen multiple times.

Aldryic's been working on a hook/module when he has time to bring payment method locks so a user paying with BTC can't change their method w/o ticketing in.

Francisco

Ah I see what you mean now.

• Prolly none.

• eKoeKo Member

@postcd said:
    Hello, please any budget server provider who

• allow client to use proxy during registration and do not use maxmind antifraud (it usually flag fraud when IP is in different country than profile country)

• do not need scanned documents

• accept bitcoin

? Thank You

Ecatel.info ?

• @Francisco said:

I had been 4 years with Frantech but recently my order is getting rejected because my Paypal email isn't same as the one registered in frantech whmcs.
    Though I had used the same Paypal account along the years without any issue.

My Paypal account is [email protected] (business account) and whmcs is using [email protected] (the same domain as the business Paypal account) even though I had explained in ticket and yet the staff is not entertaining my explanation saying "history" of my payment doesn't matter.

I wouldn't change franctech whmcs email to my business Paypal email because that just inappropriate.

@johnlth93 - Open a ticket and let Aldryic know, he'll get things squared i'm sure.

Francisco

• combozo vps. there's an existing thread you can use when you'll need to post in a few days.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Francisco said: he'll get things squared i'm sure.

Oh, hell yeah. We're all sure about that... :-)

(No offence taken...)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Awmusic12635 said: Any provider that doesn't scan their orders for fraud is a fool

Naw, just trying out for the Olympic Deadpool team.

• @eKo said:
    Ecatel.info ?

nope, i created order, paid invoice, then i cant login/recover password and they do not reply, sent multiple mails from multiple mailboxes, its more than a week.

• postcdpostcd Member
    edited March 2016

Too high prices 4me

• If he tried ecatel aready, he is probably sending spam mails

• This is hands down your best option. If you contact the owner directly i'm sure you can work out bitcoin payments

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: It's still only checking at order time, not on payments, meaning someone could signup with BTC, clear, and then renew the service with a stolen CC. It sounds wacky but we've seen it happen multiple times.

Our system is set up to fraud check every time a payment method is changed. That was one of our complaints when we used Ubersmith. Ran into that problem all the time.

• What-the-flipperty-flipping-flip?!? Again?!?

• postcdpostcd Member
    edited March 2016

Im not sure what you trying to say