Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extract big files
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Extract big files

OldkyOldky Member

Hi

I have 2gb images zipped. ANd i want to upload them to my server, and unzip it. I tried in Plesk file manager, browser freezing and getting much errors.

Comments

• wget it from your PC - problem solved.

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Oldky said: I have 2gb images zipped. ANd i want to upload them to my server, and unzip it. I tried in Plesk file manager, browser freezing and getting much errors.

If you're comfortable working on the command line, upload and use the 'unzip' command to unzip them.

If not, unzip locally and then transfer. You probably aren't saving that much with compression as the major image formats (PNG, JPG, etc.) already are compressed. It's a little more headache as you have every file transfer overhead.

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • OldkyOldky Member

I am uploading now folder.zip to server. 2gb images from my wordpress 4 years old website. And images are sort by years and months in folders. It will take me 2 weeks to upload manually.

• were you trying to upload 2gb through a browser? there's may be a browser post limitation, try upload with ftp

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

Just use SFTP to transfer the file to your server.

Login through shell.

Change to the directory where you uploaded the file.

Unzip.

Profit.

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • OldkyOldky Member

@gonggo said:

I am uploading with ftp flashfxp. I was trying to extract, than browser crashed in my plesk files manager.

• If you have an ssh access, then use it and unzip it as other members said here. If not, it's time to ask for support from you provider

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • OldkyOldky Member

@gonggo said:

exactly :)

• OldkyOldky Member

[16:45:40] [R] List Complete: 514 KB in 2 seconds (217,7 KB/s)
    [16:45:40] Transfer queue completed
    [16:45:40] Transferred 0 Files (0 bytes) in 37 minutes 51 seconds (0,0 KB/s)
    [16:45:40] 1 File Failed

Kill me!

• OldkyOldky Member

And it came to 82% and then BUM !!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Oldky said: And it came to 82% and then BUM !!

I suspect your 2GB is just bigger than Plesk expects and it's not going to work. I recommend either following some of the suggestions in this thread or contacting your provider for help.

• OldkyOldky Member

@WHMAMP_COM said:

How to wget from my pc folder.zip to my server?

• OldkyOldky Member

I finally DID thank you all for your help!!