Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combozo took more than 4 hours to reply to a ticket
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Combozo took more than 4 hours to reply to a ticket

elgselgs Member
edited March 2016 in General

I read this offer thread https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/77087/lifetime-offers-8gb-ram-48-year-6gb-ram-36-year-1gbit-s-phoenix-az-more-offers-inside#latest. Although there are a lot of negative comments, I still bought a cheapest plan for a try. The service was not delivered, tickets were not answered until I opened a PayPal dispute. The server was delivered after several hours and I closed the PayPal dispute. Then I opened another ticket asking for enabling TAP/TUN and PPP. No response forever, the next days they completely removed my VPS. I have never experienced such a crappy provider like this. Although it's only $2.99, it's really dirty.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

elgs said: Although there are a lot of negative comments

elgs said: I still bought a cheapest plan for a try

Really?

• Negative comments drive sales. That is true I guess.

• common sense prevents those cases

• elgselgs Member

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Really?

Yes. I didn't expect someone setup a website selling VPS just in order to cheat my $2.99 away.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • TionTion Member

@elgs said:
    Yes. I didn't expect someone setup a website selling VPS just in order to cheat my $2.99 away.

Did you learn anything from those lost $2.99? Some kids learn by getting a burn instead of listening to the warnings.

• elgselgs Member

@Tion said:
    Did you learn anything from those lost $2.99? Some kids learn by getting a burn instead of listening to the warnings.

Yes, I learned trust is not granted. It's sad.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited March 2016

Welcome to the real world ! https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/74414/combozo-review-they-are-scam/

I really don't understand even though you know with those many negative reviews you still bought service from them @StackVPS !?

• elgselgs Member

@namhuy said:
    I really don't understand even though you know with those many negative reviews you still bought service from them StackVPS !?

You are right. I was tempted by their low price and high spec. I think LET needs a process to blacklist such scam, instead of labeling them as a "Provider".

• Does anyone remember when BoZo said "you are not a customer, we have many happy customers, try us and blah blah blah"? What do you say now? @StackVPS

Thanked by 1elgs
  • elgs said: I think LET needs a process to blacklist such scam, instead of labeling them as a "Provider".

I voiced several times but LET staffs would not do a thing so .... be it @jarland @Ishaq

Thanked by 1elgs
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

How long did you wait for delivery before opening the dispute?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@namhuy said:
    I voiced several times but LET staffs would not do a thing so .... be it jarland Ishaq

Honestly we get enough crap for the things we do intervene in, it's a tough balance :(

Thanked by 2Junkless doghouch
  • jarland said: Honestly we get enough crap for the things we do intervene in, it's a tough balance :(

I know LET need traffic and such, but let bad providers gone wild is sad to see. It took months for LET finally ban gvh/johnny, so much damage was done.

• alfredalfred Member, Host Rep

elgs said: I think LET needs a process to blacklist such scam, instead of labeling them as a "Provider"

Probably true, but if I remember correctly there was a post recently reminding us that the Provider title was for posting permissions only, and not an indicator of status or quality.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

alfred said: Probably true, but if I remember correctly there was a post recently reminding us that the Provider title was for posting permissions only, and not an indicator of status or quality.

Right, if you want a mark of quality, only buy from WHT hosts with the Corporate Member tag.

Yes, I'm baiting @dillybob

• elgselgs Member

@Nekki said:
    How long did you wait for delivery before opening the dispute?

Reading the ticket again, the story is like this. After I opened a ticket asking when my VPS could be activated, they said they would activate it for me. In the next 4 hours, the VPS was not delivered, during which I asked in the same thread, but not answered. Please note they advertised "Instant Setup". I didn't receive any email from them, not even the welcome email on registration. Then I called the phone number on their website. It turned out to be a fake phone number in Egypt. I smelled things were not right, so I asked for refund in the same thread, no reply, then I ask for refund or PayPal dispute would be raised. Still no reply, so I raised PayPal dispute. Finally they replied and gave me root password. After that I asked for enabling TAP/TUN, PPP, no reply forever. The next day, my VPS disappeared from the SolusVM panel.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

So, I say again, how long, in total, did you wait before opening a Paypal dispute?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    So, I say again, how long, in total, did you wait before opening a Paypal dispute?

Kind of sounds like a few hours from my interpretation.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@jarland said:
    Kind of sounds like a few hours from my interpretation.

That's mine too, but I'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth.

• elgselgs Member
    edited March 2016

@Nekki said:

5 hours 7 minutes looking back at the ticket. Please note I'm not an impatient person, if I got some proper reply in the ticket, I would not go to PayPal at all. Yet, I warned them I would open PayPal dispute in the ticket before doing that.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@elgs said:
    5 hour 7 minutes looking back at the ticket. Please note I'm not an impatient person, if I got some proper reply in the ticket, I would not go to PayPal at all. Yet, I warned them I would open PayPal dispute in the ticket before doing that.

You're definitely not impatient.

• elgselgs Member
    edited March 2016

@Nekki said:
    You're definitely not impatient.

Right, waiting 5 hours for an instant setup is definitely not impatient.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@elgs said:
    Right, waiting for 5 hours for an instant setup is definitely not impatient.

Definitely not.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • IshaqIshaq Member

elgs said: Right, waiting for 5 hours for an instant setup is definitely not impatient.

You're forgetting that not every budget host has 24/7 support, you can't assume they've acknowledged your ticket because you told them you would open a dispute.

Sounds like you have high expectations.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Ishaq said:

But not a lack of patience. Let's be quite clear on that.

• elgselgs Member

@Ishaq said:

Waiting time was not the essential thing for me to raise a PayPal dispute. False advertisement of "instant setup" and and fake phone number on their website are.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@elgs said:
    Waiting time was not the essential thing for me to raise a PayPal dispute. False advertisement of "instant setup" and and fake phone number on their website are.

If those are the 'essential things' I have no idea why you cancelled the dispute.

• Ishaq said: Sounds like you have high expectations.

I believe @StackVPS has not refund to the client yet! empty promises.

• IshaqIshaq Member

elgs said: False advertisement of "instant setup"

There are multiple factors that could contribute to non-instant setup, like:

• Fraud check failed
    • No servers available to provision on
    • Module problem

While some of those may be their fault, presuming isn't fair on them. Which is why it's good to give them a full 24 hours to reply to the ticket. Also with WHMCS, tickets that get bumped by the customer are moved to the bottom of the queue.