Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Postfix Bounce handle like Mandrill/Sendgrid
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Postfix Bounce handle like Mandrill/Sendgrid

nfnnfn Veteran
edited February 2013 in Help

Hello,

I'm using both Mandrill and Sendgrid just to send email from a forum and the feature that I most like is the bounce list blacklist that avoids repeating send emails to address that don't exists or that bounce for some reason.

Is this possible to do just with postfix or with help from other software, preferable with a web front-end so we can cheek the emails that are bounced?

PS: My Postfix is setup with SPF/Dkim/SenderID, etc and everything passes and emails are received.

Thanks

Comments

• Bump. Anyone have a solution for this guy?

• You'll have to roll your own solution but it's not too difficult.

1. Pipe bounces for the address you send mail out as to a script to process.
      http://octeth.com/forum/showthread.php/4050-Guide-Setting-up-bounce-handling-for-Postfix
    2. Script should add the bounced recipient to an access list table eg. /etc/postfix/blacklist_out:
      [email protected] REJECT
    3. Add/change main.cf to use the blacklist:
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/blacklist_out

That should stop further messages to bad addresses. You can have the script update a webpage with a list of blocked addresses, send a copy of the bounce to a mailbox for verification, log to a database, etc.