Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nav Telecom - Anyone use them?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nav Telecom - Anyone use them?

Just checking to see if anyone has rented a server or has one colo'd with them.

Can't find much info on them at all.

Thanks!

Comments

• Who the heck is that?

Thanked by 1Gulf
  • They are in Romania. They have a pretty good post string on WHT, but just not much chatter on them.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited March 2016

Oh. Haven't heard about it either in any case.

• NeganNegan Member

Is this a stealth advertisement?

• vetvettervetvetter Member
    edited March 2016

Absolutely not.... Just trying to find out if anyone knows anything about them.

As a matter of fact if anyone has any suggestions for a good Romanian provider please feel free to share.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

Yep we used to have a few "cloud servers" with Nav, didnt ever have any issues with in the ~1 year we had services with them.

Their support was always quick to respond when ever we had any account/billing questions.

All in all they seemed pretty good.

• @Zappie said:
    Yep we used to have a few "cloud servers" with Nav, didnt ever have any issues with in the ~1 year we had services with them.

Their support was always quick to respond when ever we had any account/billing questions.

All in all they seemed pretty good.

Nice! Thanks for the response! Anyone else have anything good or bad to say about them?

• cociucociu Member

vetvetter said: vetvetter

i can tell you is one of the best providers here in Romania. And the support guys is verry helpfull

• @cociu said:

Thanks for the responses! I am thinking about colo with them and wanted to be sure they are 100% legit before I send them equipment and take the chance of never seeing it again.

• cociucociu Member

vetvetter said: Thanks for the responses! I am thinking about colo with them and wanted to be sure they are 100% legit before I send them equipment and take the chance of never seeing it again.

its verry legit , and have a good part too is renting ip too , so for colocation if you need ip is a good option

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

Had some very bad experience with them. We really had to move to another datacenter in order to keep the integrity of our customers' data.

• cociucociu Member

Andreix said: Had some very bad experience with them. We really had to move to another datacenter in order to keep the integrity of our customers' data.

hmmm , can you explain what was the problem , i am realy interesed because i have visit them many time , tested a dedi from NAV for 1 week and i can tell is verry good provider, so i am confuse. I have been interesed in ip transit from them but finnaly for price i have forrgot this ideea.

• godtorgodtor Member, Host Rep

We have a dedicated fiber circuit and BGP with them for over 4 years now. Now problems, they have a very nice & stable internet connection (DDoS protected). Dont know about the colo but i can confirm that they are 100% legit. Cheers

edited March 2016

@cociu said:

Multiple downtimes which resulted in data loss or data corruption on multiple servers. They never cared to announce us when they scheduled maintenance work ... only when I told them I'm gonna move they kinda "promised" that they'll announce any future maintenance work.

Furthermore they had a major AC unit failure which resulted in hardware damage for one server and again, data corruption on some SQL database servers. Servers reached over 86 Celsius Degrees. And were forced to stop due to high CPU temp.

And many other more. A google search for "gabriel nicolae bucurescu" should give you plenty of information.

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2016

Andreix said: Servers reached over 86 Celsius Degree

sorry i repeat i dont have any interest to tell is good , but this about temperature really i dont trust what you speack , i have been navtelekom dc for 5 times last year and i can confirm is a decent dc with temperature control.

edited March 2016

@cociu said:

If you have troubles understanding the whole phrase, let me put it in Romanian here:

Furthermore they had a major AC unit failure which resulted in hardware damage for one server and again, data corruption on some SQL database servers. Servers reached over 86 Celsius Degrees. And were forced to stop due to high CPU temp.

Mai mult, au avut o problema majora cu o unitate de AC ceea ce a provocat o problema de natura hardware pentru un server si din nou, pierderi de date si coruprerea datelor pentru cateva servere SQL. Din cauza acelei probleme cu AC-ul, serverele au atins peste 86 grade celsius. Din cauza asta s-au oprit, fiind fortate de temperaturile ridicate.

EN: I didn't said there is a boiling temperature 24/7, I said that there was data loss due to AC unit that should've been redundant.

RO: N-am spus ca este o temperatura aproape de pragul de fierbere acolo in mod 24/7, am spus ca am pierdut date din cauza unei defectiuni a unei unitati AC ce ar fi trebuit sa fie redundanta.

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2016

Andreix said: If you have troubles understanding the whole phrase, let me put it in Romanian here

i have not problem to understand , but what i see you have some problems with the competitosrs in this case NAV TELEKOM. WTF you talk there to have problem with only one AC ? Is all redundant !!! i have see it with my eyes. So with this i will not comment any more because is not my dc to respond but i can confirm i have been there 5 times and all is redundant , AC/electrical power/internet. So go ahead blame it , talk what you want is not my interest to defend NAV

• cociucociu Member

And yes is my competitor too but have marketplace for all

edited March 2016

I don't consider NAV competition, you can go there and rent all their stocks, It's not my problem.

@vetvetter just asked about our experience with them and that's my experience with 'em, either you like it or not.

Those being said, I can't recommend them. I can however recommend Easyhost, M247, Voxility, PrimeTelecom, NXData ( only had services in NX2 ), MXHost, Tier.ro ... and the list can go on with companies I worked with and I can recommend.