Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fraudcheck or however it's called email check
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

fraudcheck or however it's called email check

NihimNihim Member

Can a provider with access to said service(s) run a check on an email I own for me?

I am kinda worried a provider that played dirty, might have played dirtier than I thought.

If you can kindly pm me, thanks.

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

@Nihim said:
    Can a provider with access to said service(s) run a check on an email I own for me?

I am kinda worried a provider that played dirty, might have played dirtier than I thought.

If you can kindly pm me, thanks.

PM me for a fraud record check, although you could sign up yourself, either way..

Thanked by 1Nihim
  • NihimNihim Member

one down, X to go? Any other services like that?

• Maxmind ?

• NihimNihim Member

yea if anyone can check it for me?

• Have you checked on Senderbase? It is free to check your domain there. And I found this week that they are pretty quick if you email them about your IP having a poor reputation. They fixed mine within an hour.

• @klpowell said:
    Have you checked on Senderbase? It is free to check your domain there. And I found this week that they are pretty quick if you email them about your IP having a poor reputation. They fixed mine within an hour.

He's talking about fraudrecord and the alike, to check him, not his IPs.

• Maxmind is insane. I made an email address on a domain owned by me specifically to sign up with, and while that address was minutes old and still unused, Maxmind said it was associated with some server chargeback. I'd trust a drug addict in the gutter before I'd trust Maxmind. It's a matter of character. Regardless of whether Maxmind gets it right sometimes, they are still a fundamentally fraudulent service.

Thanked by 2doughmanes lazyt
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Ole_Juul said: Regardless of whether Maxmind gets it right sometimes, they are still a fundamentally fraudulent service.

If you declare everything as fraud, you can claim you detect all fraud ;)

Thanked by 1sin
  • 4n0nx said: If you declare everything as fraud, you can claim you detect all fraud ;)

You're right, that was an over-the-top rant. :)

However, based on personal experience I still maintain that Maxmind results are broken in several ways. As to whether that is OK may be a matter of culture and taste, but getting personally called a fraud by them when I am not is something which I will not easily forget for a very long time. Yes, I can forgive, but at the very least it will take money or chocolate.