Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Yisp] High quality Cloud VPS in Miami - $7 monthly for 256MB RAM!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Yisp] High quality Cloud VPS in Miami - $7 monthly for 256MB RAM!

RensRens Member
edited November 2011 in General

Lowendbox post (including reviews): http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/yisp-com-7-256mb-xen-vps-in-miami/

50% recurring coupon for 256MB package: lowendbox
25% recurring coupon for other packages: miami25 (only for lowendtalk)

On behalf of Yisp I can offer you the following Cloud Servers in Miami with great connectivity to Latin America and within the USA (xen based):

Why choose for Yisp?
- High availability
- Dual Six-Core nodes
- Redundant SAN storage
- 10Gbit powered storage
- High quality network
- No overselling
- Easy upgrading
- Full root access
- Control panel, including remote management and reinstalls
- Pay using Credit Card, Paypal, Moneybookers, Bank, Ideal

256MB
Memory: 256 MB
Disk space: 10GB
Bandwidth: 200GB
IP Addresses: 1

Price per month: $7

Backups
Weekly backups: $5
Daily backups: $10
Daily + weekly backups: $15

Extra's
Fully managed: $39
IP: $1

Network and Datacenter
ColoHouse, Miami
Test IP: 46.182.109.9
Test file: http://www.yisp.com/file1000mb.bin

4x 1Gbit Global Crossing
4x 1Gbit Cogent

Contact
For questions you can reach us at info ("at") yisp.com
Orders can be placed on http://www.yisp.com/cloud-vps

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Is this allowed, I seen to remember the rules stating that cloud offers aren't allowed.

• I'm really getting tired of 'hosts' that sign up, make a few fluff posts in about a week to just barely meet posting guidelines for offers, all just to get some advertisement instead of really taking part in the community.

Thanked by 2Infinity DeletedUser
  • RensRens Member
    edited November 2011

@Aldryic: you did actually check the posts i made? I don't agree that i have been posting useless information. I'm not planning to stop posting useful information either. If you would like to start a general discussion about this, please do this in a new thread. Thanks!

@Infinity: Cloud hosting is not allowed because you have no root access. This is a Cloud VPS offer which is something else. I understand the confusion though!

• "This is a Cloud VPS offer which is something else"

Stop with the marketing Bullshit its callled a vps end of.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • RensRens Member
    edited November 2011

@DanielM: i'm willing to discuss about that, but not in this thread. If you don't want to use the word "cloud" then it would be a High Availability VPS with SAN storage. This is fine with me as well.

edit: @DanielM: i've joined the discussion about this here http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/15282

• Told you that we should have considered not allowing offers here. :)

@Rens said: SLA

24x7x4: $100
    24x7x1: $150

I have a feeling that I understand this but could you please clarify this? Um I know that @yomero may not understand. Thanks.

• RensRens Member
    edited November 2011

@drmike: these SLA's guarantee a maximum response time of 4 hours (24x7x4) or 1 hour (24x7x1). This includes a 24x7 emergency number and a 99.99% uptime guarantee. These SLA's mostly are for the high-end customers who require guarantees and quick action in case of problems. We won't offer this on a 256MB package, so i'll remove it from the offer above.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

@Rens said: maximum response time

Is that a first response time or a resolution time? I mean no disrespect but I do managed shared webhosting with a 1 hour first response time and we're not charging that. (edit: Although some folks feel like we are.)

Just got me curious.

• RensRens Member
    edited November 2011

@drmike: it is a response time as you can't guarantee how fast you can solve the issue. Without a SLA we also mostly respond within minutes. A SLA is for everyone who needs this guaranteed (on paper often).

edit: also people with a SLA have higher priority when there is a big problem with many clients involved. Never had to "use" this since we exist though (2006).

• @Rens said: @DanielM: i'm willing to discuss about that, but not in this thread. If you don't want to use the word "cloud" then it would be a High Availability VPS with SAN storage. This is fine with me as well.

Rens is selling xen vps with san storage. However what I think Ren's is trying to say is that the vps are hosted on high end servers and on a premium network but he is offering this for a low LEB price.

• @Rens said: @Aldryic: you did actually check the posts i made?

Yes, I did. And I had called them fluff not due to content, but because your literal fifth post was this offer. We quite frequently see providers join, participate just enough to reach the post limit, and then immediately place an ad without even being in the community for more than a couple of weeks. Gives us a feeling that joining wasn't about mingling with the community, but just having another place to advertise.

• @Aldryic said: I'm really getting tired of 'hosts' that sign up, make a few fluff posts in about a week to just barely meet posting guidelines for offers, all just to get some advertisement instead of really taking part in the community.

Yisp was featured and well accepted as host by LEB community way before you appeared at LEB/LET. Just saying :)

• How much water vapour do these clouds contain?

Thanked by 2DanielM rds100
  • AldryicAldryic Member
    edited November 2011

@Spirit aah, thank you for pointing that out, I did not see their old post from 09. Nor the prior 'Rens Ariens' and 'Rens' accounts that posted back then, though all three gravatars are different.

EDIT: Actually, after a little more digging, that old offer is pretty much the only other material I can find on them....

EDIT2: @Spirit: Ok, they've posted quite some time ago, sure, but other than a very small handful of posts, no other interaction.

• @Daniel I have no idea as I am not hosted on their "cloud" platform however their old stable Xen platform seems superior to my other (mostly great) LEB hosts even two years later:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5520 @ 2.27GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2266.746 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 128 MB
    Total amount of swap : 509 MB
    Download speed : (8.95MB/s)
    I/O speed : 201MB/s

uptime :17:16:32 up 79 days, 2:06, 1 user, load average: 0.24, 0.20, 0.10

(it was rebooted after some year of uptime)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@Aldryic yes that's true. Hosts like yisp, evorack, vooservers... aren't that skilled in mass manipulation, in bringing own host name into every second thread, they don't participate with rest of us in bickering, trolling, flaming.. and for sure don't exploit this community to increase sales that successfully as some others on regular basis... but instead of this provide superior hosting service for acceptable price and their customers like me appreciate this.

Yes, this what you see here from Rens is clearly (allowed) advertising, but:

• they aren't new here
    • but still advertise here very very rare

..and because of that I don't see any good reason for attacking them just because once in a while we see also their offer posted. Some "newbs" like uptimevps (but not only them!) clearly overreacted with advertising.. but how can someone reproach anything to yisp.nl which post one LEB offer ever year or two.. is above my understanding.

Thanked by 1Rens
  • You may want to reread my initial reply here. I'm not singling them out, but rather I find all companies that join a community merely to advertise to be rather irritating.

If all they want to do is advertise, LEB suits that need perfectly. Begrudgingly enough, I feel that I agree with @drmike in that standard offers need to stay on LEB.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Rens said: i've joined the discussion about this here http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/15282

You serious. One discussion? :\

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@Infinity you serious? It's taken out of context. He said "discussion about this". Read more carefully :)
    @Aldryic standard offers? Yeah, LET is full of them some longer time already. And some of them are really standard. Sometimes even re-posted. I suggest you to start with them ;-)

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Suggestion noted and disregarded. I've stated my opinion, no need to go digging up necro threads.

• Our LEB/LET community is sometimes so pathetic. If there's no issue with host we will invent one.

/roll eyes

• Don't look at me. I'm on vacation.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @Aldryic said: I'm really getting tired of 'hosts' that sign up, make a few fluff posts in about a week to just barely meet posting guidelines for offers, all just to get some advertisement instead of really taking part in the community.

How come can you say how he will behave in the future?

I'm tired of hosts writing as much crap as possible with a big add in their signature ;)

Anyway, I agree with Spirit - the best VPS & support I had from a VPS from LEB was from Rens, so I can only vouch for his services & couldn't consider him as a spammer. But well... :-)

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • I'm unconcerned with his behavior in the future. It simply irritates me that providers will advertise on LET instead of taking part in the community. I agree with drmike on this one, let general offers stay on LEB.

• @Aldryic said: I agree with drmike on this one, let general offers stay on LEB.

Didn't say that I agree with it. I had just made the suggestion. I even said I thought it was going to be an unpopular one.

I'm more annoyed with the "Let me post my damn advert and don't ask me any questions about it" attitude with some of them. Well that and how Nordic got away with 2 advert posts within 48 hours.

Of course I'm not a fan of most web master forums. Too many folks do their "I agree" posts and start with the adverts as soon as they can.

But hey what do I know? 8-9 hours of ringing bells in my head does that to a man, :)

• @bobinfo said: I'm tired of hosts writing as much crap as possible with a big add in their signature ;)

Oh, that's the part which I forget to add to http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/15353#Comment_15353 above :) Thank you!

@drmike said: 8-9 hours of ringing bells in my head does that to a man, :)

Some vacations, a? :)

• Actually I kid you not about that as it's the only way I can do it. I get 5 weeks a year from the webhosting and I take them all at once. helps pay the personal bills and gives me a bit to start the year with.