Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

packet.net promo code?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

packet.net promo code?

I want to give packet.net a try. Any promo codes out there? Thanks.

Comments

• @toumi111 said:
    https://www.packet.net/promo/tutum/
    $25 in usage credit!

Thanks !

• ValdVald Member

looks kind of overpriced

• nepsneps Member

@Vald said:
    looks kind of overpriced

Don't see how you'd say that, their 4-core Atom 8GB RAM instance is cheaper than Digital Ocean 2-core 4GB droplet; even though it's Atom, still. More storage space, too. Locations are pretty limited though.

• I use packet.net -- their network and systems are amazing! I'm on the Atom server. Performs surprisingly well.

• ValdVald Member
    edited March 2016

neps said: Don't see how you'd say that, their 4-core Atom 8GB RAM instance is cheaper than Digital Ocean 2-core 4GB droplet; even though it's Atom, still. More storage space, too. Locations are pretty limited though.

We currently charge $.05 / GB outbound. There is no free or included outbound bandwidth with any of our servers.

Mind to add another 50$ for 1TB of bandwidth?
    Its more than 80$ for which on DO you get 5TB bandwidth and a decent 4 cores

Also DO's bandwidth is charged at $0.02 / GB. The only good thing about Packet is that they have contracts with some major CDN providers so their traffic is premium

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Vald said:
    Also DO's bandwidth is charged as $0.02 / GB. The only good thing about Packet is that they have contracts with some major CDN providers so their traffic is premium

We're not charging for bandwidth right now.

Packet does look cool, not trying to join in the comparison :)

• ValdVald Member

@jarland

Looks cool but still expensive.
    By the way who told you that they don't charge right now, i just got that info from a sales rep on the chat.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Vald said:
    Looks cool but still expensive.
    By the way who told you that they don't charge right now, i just got that info from a sales rep on the chat.

DO I mean, we don't charge for bandwidth overages at this time :)

Thanked by 1Vald