Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN service control panels?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN service control panels?

titanicsaledtitanicsaled Member
edited January 2013 in General

I was wondering, is there any sort of standard panel (like solusvm) for VPN's that VPN providers use to allow users access to VPN services and to measure their bandwidth etc?

Or do they write scripts themselves?

Comments

• OpenVPN AS?

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Some people write their own scripts/modules based around FreeRADIUS. As far as I'm aware there is no "panel" as such for VPN's. I know of a few people who use the module provided by Keith from SafeSrv, which offers a decent amount of information, but is all within WHMCS, it doesn't have a specific panel of it's own.

Hope this helps!

• OpenVPN has their own sort of panel, but it's not as comprehensive as you may want.

You can add users etc, and Im sure there's an API for automatic creation through a WHMCS script or something.

• Thanks for the feedback. It seems FreeRADIUS is the way it's done.

• @liamwithers said: Some people write their own scripts/modules based around FreeRADIUS. As far as I'm aware there is no "panel" as such for VPN's. I know of a few people who use the module provided by Keith from SafeSrv, which offers a decent amount of information, but is all within WHMCS, it doesn't have a specific panel of it's own.

>

My only problem with this method is that it does not allow for bandwidth tracking.

• @liamwithers what do you use?

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@KMyers I've seen one or two simple implementations of bandwidth tracking. I think SafeSrv's WHMCS module has it as standard too... That's probably the easiest "out the box" solution.

• Use SafeSrv's script - you may need to purchase the addon modules they offer to suite your needs, but it's not expensive at all in the scheme of things.

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited February 2013

I'm sort of building one geared towards commercial VPN deployments, will sort of be a while before it's out though.

It has bandwidth tracking too, @KMeyers. The only thing I'm actually thinking about how to deploy is a group based ACL, i.e: User has access to server group A, not B and so on. I'll figure something out, mm. :)

• @Wintereise said: I'm sort of building one geared towards commercial VPN deployments, will sort of be a while before it's out though :)

Raise a kickstarter and get support.

• @concerto49 said: Raise a kickstarter and get support.

Don't really need any of it, I'm fine finishing it on my own. Will sell it to get 'support' instead :P

• @Wintereise said: I'm sort of building one geared towards commercial VPN deployments, will sort of be a while before it's out though.

It has bandwidth tracking too, @KMeyers. The only thing I'm actually thinking about how to deploy is a group based ACL, i.e: User has access to server group A, not B and so on. I'll figure something out, mm. :)

Use usergroup assignments on freeradius.Eg: group a =unlimited, group b=limited