Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can any VPS beat BuyVM Storage 1000 at $30?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can any VPS beat BuyVM Storage 1000 at $30?

andrewczandrewcz Member
edited February 2016 in Requests

As seen here, they're the best price I've found for these specs:

4 cores @ 2.00 GHz

1GB RAM

1TB HDD

10TB Bandwidth

US $30/mo.

(I'm assuming full 1Gbps)

I could drop down to 2 cores, and would really like to have 2GB RAM. I would need the 1TB HDD (not into SDD speed necessarily) but could drop down to 8TB Bandwidth if necessary.

I need to set up a Paypal account this weekend, so if I could use that to pay for this also, I could kill two birds with one stone. $30 is a bit more than I wanted to spend, but it seems like the cheapest that I've been able to find. Also their reputation is fantastic. If anyone could point me in the right direction it'd be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• You can get a Dedicated Server 2x2 TB with that budget

Thanked by 1Jacob
  • timevps, zxplay, mnx

Thanked by 1NickMNXio
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2016

With that BW amount, only ZXPlay.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited February 2016

We recently launched our StorageVPS lineup: https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/storagevps/

For $25/mo (paid quarterly): 1 core, 2GB ram, 2TB HDD, 8TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps.

We also have an annual promo right now, if you pay annually you'd get a bump to 4TB storage.

Edit: Missed the 2 cores requirement. If you're interested drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • I can give you Storage: 2048 GB at $13.08 USD Monthly (Excluding Tax)
    https://my.jixserver.com/cart.php?gid=3

• With that price budget why not go with a dedicated server?

Thanked by 1bersy
  • LevelSide said: With that price budget why not go with a dedicated server?

Exactly right:

https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/dedicated-servers/

Dual E5420 (8 cores), 16GB RAM, 1TB disk, 10TB bandwidth $30/month (or $20/month if you pay quarterly)

• Full utilisation on 1Gbit is not possible in that budget.

• bersybersy Member
    edited February 2016

If you can pay annually take a look at SpeedyKVM (Incero), they offer storage VPS in Dallas.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@vimalware said:
    Full utilisation on 1Gbit is not possible in that budget.

This. BuyVM is not going to give you a dedicated 1gbps port.

Thanked by 2doghouch MacPac
  • Not sure why didn't anyone mentioned dacentec here.
    https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/dedicated-servers/

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    This. BuyVM is not going to give you a dedicated 1gbps port.

Generally you can burst all you want with minimal issues on our storage plans. It comes down to what you're wanting out of a plan though. Our plans have an SLA, SSD caching, and are made up of 16 drive arrays. You can ride your cores all you want as well.

If you think you might need DDOS protection, anycast, or anything like that, then we're a perfect pick. If your #1 thing is cost and screw the rest, then you can shave a few bucks.

Thanks for the interest,

Francisco

• Time4vps got this for 6€/month
    1 x 1.90 GHz Dedicated CPU
    2048 MB RAM
    2048 GB Storage
    8 TB Bandwidth

Only 1 core tho

• @Sady said:
    Not sure why didn't anyone mentioned dacentec here.

I believe that's what first reply implies.

• @MarkTurner said:

Dual E5420 (8 cores), 16GB RAM, 1TB disk, 10TB bandwidth $30/month (or $20/month if you pay quarterly)

Full gigabit uplink too. And if I understand correctly, I can create KVM instances and assign them IPv6 addresses in the /64 subnet I'm granted?

I would assume that I'm able to add storage on in the future if need be as well? (still searching the site to figure that out ATM)

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2016

@andrewcz said:

Yes you should be able to do that quite easily. Could also NAT them on ipv4. However, their support isn't the best and they recently had 4-5 days of downtime with little communication so take that into account. Obviously the best part is at least they're cheap!

Also, you use the words "full gigabit" a lot. That tends to imply "dedicated gigabit" which is not what you're going to get. What you get is access "up to 1gbps" and even then you'll probably be getting 500up/500down or slightly higher depending on how oversold the pipe is.

Edit: to clarify, you can basically guarantee you'll have a premium experience with buyvm. Although I still don't like Aldyric, I've recently tested out their support and get quick and USEFUL answers within a couple hours. If you don't require the extra disk and whatnot, don't "upgrade" for a just in case scenario. Its not worth the hassle.

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • Thank you for the distinction. Yes, that was what I was implying. However in all honesty I can live with 500up/down. I'll have to see if there are any benchmark reviews online as to their speed, even though I know that it can vary connection to connection.

Thank you also for the warning. Luckily this is just a personal/family server that I'm setting up - nothing enterprise or critical so a week of downtime - while annoying - would not impact me significantly. And their prices are quite reasonable as you pointed out.

BTW, your status lists you as a provider, but I cannot discern with which company. Unless I misread your comment, you are not a provider for delimiter, correct?

• @andrewcz said:

He is a provider/owner of GoMach5 Premium Dedicated servers

Thanked by 2andrewcz Jonchun
  • Thank you all for your suggestions. For the time being I will put in an order with delimiter and hopefully all goes smoothly (esp. re: $60/quarter). Otherwise I may look into one of the other options presented here.

• @andrewcz don't forget to backup regularly. The buyvm you originally looked at would have been RAIDed whereas your delimiter server will be a single drive assuming you didn't take the 2x500GB option to RAID1.

Then again, you should always backup anyway even with or without RAID.

Thanked by 2bersy andrewcz