Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a high bandwidth VDS/VPS in Ecatel or similar datacenter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for a high bandwidth VDS/VPS in Ecatel or similar datacenter

leb_anonymousleb_anonymous Member
edited February 2016 in Providers

I'm looking for a virtual server in Ecatel or similar datacenter/network with loyal abuse policy to host a general purpose forum.

The major requirement is a high (about 10-20 TB/month) or flatrate (at least 50 Mbps) bandwidth limit. There is no any specific requirements for hardware configuration, even 1 core CPU and any storage amount would be fine.

Previously I've tried vpsgroups.com, but despite their "unmetered bandwidth" on 1 Gbps port offer they actually restrict you with a "fair use" policy (~50 Mbps average bandwidth) which is not designated in any terms of service.

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

leb_anonymous said: loyal abuse policy to host a general purpose forum

A "general purpose forum" doesn't need to be hosted at a place run by criminals.

Just saying.

• leb_anonymousleb_anonymous Member
    edited February 2016

Nyr said: hosted at a place run by criminals

I don't care who they (Ecatel) are, that's not my job to judge about their and their clients' activities. The only thing I know that they're providing great and quite affordable service with no excessive arbitrariness like most hosters do.

My website has issues with various abuses sometimes because there is a lot of user-generated content (and there is nothing illegal in 99,9% cases) and almost no moderation, but I don't want to be forced to resolve them urgently in a 24/7 manner or shutdown/remove website after receiving several abuses in a month. Though all reasonable claims are being resolved.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

@Nyr said:
    Just saying.

Also wondering why a general forum would need 10tb bandwidth. Regardless NL is not really a "safe haven" anymore.

leb_anonymous said: . The only thing I know that they're providing great and quite affordable service

Then buy their cheapest dedi for 29EUR/mo, it has 10TB. Unlikely a VM would be cheaper than that with the bandwidth on top.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

leb_anonymous said: they're providing great and quite affordable service with no excessive arbitrariness like most hosters do

Considering their multiple blackouts over the years, I wouldn't consider great their service.

leb_anonymous said: all reasonable claims are being resolved

Then, in The Netherlands I would suggest LeaseWeb or NFOrce for example. They don't have a problem with user-generated content and are fine at letting you deal with abuse. And at least you know they will not be raided and shut down tomorrow.

Anyway you shouldn't have a problem with most NL hosts as long as you react to abuse and remove illegal content within a reasonable timeframe.

• leb_anonymousleb_anonymous Member
    edited February 2016

Zeniva said: why a general forum would need 10tb bandwidth

Most traffic is generated by our own image storage, the forum proxies such requests to it.

Zeniva said: Then buy their cheapest dedi for 29EUR/mo, it has 10TB

AFAIK, Ecatel is ready to negotiate on their plans in some cases. My associate has €1 per TB overage billing on one of their standard servers.