Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS

Looking for a decent windows vps.

BYOL with Windows Server 2003/2008 or Windows 7 available. Payable with Bitcoin.

Specifications:

• Dedicated CPU Core

• 4-8 GB of ram

• 50 GB HDD

• 10TB bandwidth @ 1gbps or unmetered 100mbps

• Any location

Do note, there will be every day a spike with 100% cpu usage on the machine that will last about 2-3 minutes, it will not last longer than 2-3 minutes.

I prefer under $35/m

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

GCat said: Do note, there will be every day a spike with 100% cpu usage on the machine that will last about 2-3 minutes, it will not last longer than 2-3 minutes.

Is that the only reason you're requesting a dedicated core?

• Why not go dedicated? I just added a couple Dual L5520s at $29/mo that meet your spec. https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/dedicated-servers/

8 dedicated cores (16 threads), 8GB ram, 120GB SSD, 10TB @ 1Gbps, Server 08/12 via automated install (BYOL).

• @raindog308 said:

Yep

• @mikeyur said:
    Why not go dedicated? I just added a couple Dual L5520s at $29/mo that meet your spec. https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/dedicated-servers/

8 dedicated cores (16 threads), 8GB ram, 120GB SSD, 10TB @ 1Gbps, Server 08/12 via automated install (BYOL).

Got a direct link at all?

• @GCat said:
    Got a direct link at all?

120GB SSD - https://cc.delimiter.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=256

500GB HDD - https://cc.delimiter.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=239

There's only 1 or 2 of each left, I listed last night and a couple have been claimed already.

• @mikeyur said:
    There's only 1 or 2 of each left, I listed last night and a couple have been claimed already.

@GCat please use this link instead, faster setup

https://cc.delimiter.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=256&aff=836

Thanked by 4mike0000 GCat netomx ehab
  • GCatGCat Member
    edited February 2016

@mikeyur said:

@Traffic nice aff link, but no thanks.

• I ordered with a VPS provider in OVH datacenter, this can be closed now.

• @GCat said:
    Traffic nice aff link, but no thanks.

Delimiter has no affiliate program, matey ;)

Thanked by 2GCat netomx
  • Hey,

Thought this would be a good time to plug our new dedicated cloud offerings that are coming soon. (tm?) We're just finishing up some development of a panel to control basic functions. I know that "Dedicated cores" is not a new concept, but since we're focusing on the dedicated server industry, we're giving a truly dedicated vps for clients a shot.

These are virtual servers created with 100% fully dedicated resources (including CPU) that you can utilize at all times. They are running on much newer and more powerful hardware than most dedicated solutions you'll get in this price range. Depending on your use-case scenario, something like this may be a lot more effective than older hardware like our Dual L5420 offerings.

Here's the specs we can offer you.

Intel Xeon E3-1241v3 - 1 Core (2 Threads x 3.50Ghz)
    8 GB DDR3-1600 ECC RAM
    50GB SSD Raid 1
    50GB SAS Backup Space
    5TB Bandwidth (If you really need 10TB, we may be able to work something out)
    1 IPv4

$30/month

You can combine up to 4 of these packages as we only have 4 per node (4 cores = 4 clients, fully dedicated resources)

Let me know if this interests you at all!

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @Jonchun said:
    Hey,

Thought this would be a good time to plug our new dedicated cloud offerings that are coming soon. (tm?) We're just finishing up some development of a panel to control basic functions. I know that "Dedicated cores" is not a new concept, but since we're focusing on the dedicated server industry, we're giving a truly dedicated vps for clients a shot.

These are virtual servers created with 100% fully dedicated resources (including CPU) that you can utilize at all times. They are running on much newer and more powerful hardware than most dedicated solutions you'll get in this price range. Depending on your use-case scenario, something like this may be a lot more effective than older hardware like our Dual L5420 offerings.

Here's the specs we can offer you.

Intel Xeon E3-1241v3 - 1 Core (2 Threads x 3.50Ghz)
    8 GB DDR3-1600 ECC RAM
    50GB SSD Raid 1
    50GB SAS Backup Space
    5TB Bandwidth (If you really need 10TB, we may be able to work something out)
    1 IPv4

$30/month

You can combine up to 4 of these packages as we only have 4 per node (4 cores = 4 clients, fully dedicated resources)

Let me know if this interests you at all!

Keep me posted when you have that ready, I'll give it a shot.

• @GCat said:
    Keep me posted when you have that ready, I'll give it a shot.

If you shoot me a pm I can set up a test VM for you if you want? The nodes are ready just need some more time to complete a simple panel.

• @Jonchun said:
    If you shoot me a pm I can set up a test VM for you if you want? The nodes are ready just need some more time to complete a simple panel.

Sure

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

GCat said: Yep

Personally I'd burn a couple minutes of CPU pretty fearlessly on a shared CPU plan.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @raindog308 said:

Same here. Or even 10. Never had a problem doing so, even in budget providers.

• @Traffic said:

My old provider asked me to stop otherwise they'd kick me out, I was burning through a whole CPU core every hour maxed for 20 minutes and it was affecting others (lol ovz)

• @GCat said:
    My old provider asked me to stop otherwise they'd kick me out, I was burning through a whole CPU core every hour maxed for 20 minutes and it was affecting others (lol ovz)

You said 3 minutes in the OP though, I guess they're different situations.

Another option is to slow down the processing or using cpulimit.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Traffic said:
    Another option is to slow down the processing or using cpulimit.

Yeah, it was a memory leak which ate the CPU for that long, so I recoded the application and it didn't eat as much, but still ate quite a bit of it for 3 minutes.

It's better than 20 minutes.

• Closing as requested.

This discussion has been closed.